Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(committed) Thu 31-Jan-13 16:52:21
Print Post

office 2013 sluggish startup?

[link to this post]

Upgraded to 2013 Professional Plus through the Home Use Program.

As the appication now uses MS' App V technology all of the updates stream from their content caches.

I'm noticing a bit of a sluggish startup when starting say Outlook after booting the system (first job I usually do is check my e-mail) compared to my Office 2010 install.

My connection is an O2 Wholesale one managed by Xilo running at 3.6 Meg down and 950 k up and is and has been absolutely rock solid throughout.

Mu system specs are as follows:

Core i5 3450 (3.1 Ghz but turboboost is active and is currently running at 3.29 Ghz)
4 GB DDR3 RAM running 1600 Mhz
Windows 7 64-but SP1

Switching updates off seems to speed things up a bit and have of course done a defrag.

The install is not associated with an Office account.

Anyone else noticed this?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale)
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User micksharpe
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 31-Jan-13 17:07:43
Print Post

Re: office 2013 sluggish startup?

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Office may still be installing bits and pieces - you can run it before everything is installed. Until everything is downloaded, performance tends to be rubbish. I'm running the pre-release version and it seems to be pretty nifty.

'Sir, please,' she said ... 'Will you not share your wisdom with us?'
'I have no wisdom,' he told her.
'Your experiences, then?'
'They have been trivial, uninteresting, and full of error.'
Ian M. Banks - Feersum Endjinn
It Ought to be Easy | Greasemonkey scripts
  Print Thread

Jump to