Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Feb-13 10:50:24
Print Post

Changing XBox Live account

[link to this post]

I want to change the Xbox (!) live account name that Windows 8 uses to sign into the App Store - unfortunately the help facility doesn't give much help beyond going into "More PC Settings" in Settings

Unfortunately it doesn't say which application you need to go into - it's not Games as the option isn't there (and trying to change the account in Games just brings up the Xbox support website).

Follow me on Twitter. Be*
My Blog
12 Things...
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Feb-13 11:19:31
Print Post

Re: Changing XBox Live account

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

When you are in the store do you get an option on the charms menu under settings? Haven't got a win 8 device with me but I would guess that would be where I would go.
Standard User AEP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Feb-13 11:31:32
Print Post

When you open the charms menu from within the Store and then go to "Settings" there is an item "Your account". Going into that gives you a "Sign on" screen. Can't you just enter the required account there?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Feb-13 14:46:02
Print Post

[re: AEP] [link to this post]

Don't forget the Store and Games apps have different accounts - the account in Store doesn't change the Games one unfortunately.

It looks like the only way is to create a new account... Bit of a limitation there, methinks!

My Blog
12 Things...

Edited by MrTAToad2 (Thu 28-Feb-13 17:26:51)

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Mar-13 11:06:35
Print Post

By what I can see the device gets logged in with a single account - if you want to use the XBOX account then that is what you sign in with and that same account would then be used for the store. If you have already created a separate account for store then you would probably have to speak to MS about merging that with the XBOX account.

Haven't actually used the games so can't say this is 100% right but from a quick google it does seem to be the case.
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-Mar-13 23:16:00
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Unfortunately one can't be changed to another - apparently Microsoft are working on the program of being able to rename the main Windows 8 email address, which would help, otherwise a new user is needed in order to be rename the Xbox account...

My Blog
12 Things...
  Print Thread

Jump to