Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 16-Jul-13 17:59:02
Print Post

Win 8 - Microsoft Solitaire Collection

[link to this post]

I can use this fine without signing in, but for some reason I forget, (maybe to stop it asking me to), I did sign in with my normal Microsoft email address and password.

Now when I go to the Solitaire Collection at the top right it shows me as (automatically) signing in then says "xxxxxxxx" where xxxxxxxx is nothing whatsoever to do with anything I have ever heard of, let alone used as a nick/username anywhere, ever. It doesn't show on my MS Profile.

Anybody know what's going on please?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 16-Jul-13 18:00:19)

Standard User IanBB
(member) Thu 18-Jul-13 00:50:53
Print Post

Re: Win 8 - Microsoft Solitaire Collection

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Sounds like you have been allocated a random Xbox Gamertag.

If you click on the box which contains the "xxxxxxxx" name, does it take you to Xbox games?

If it does, you can scroll to the left and see options related to the unknown account.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 18-Jul-13 11:39:57
Print Post

[re: IanBB] [link to this post]

Thanks. (So far tongue).

I still can't get used to the carat not turning into a grab when over something clickable frown. Now bearing in mind that it has successfully signed me in, when I click it, it did take me to Xbox Games, but wanted me to sign in again.

So I did. Scrolled left and found the options box, which is labelled with that xxxxxxxx. First I looked at my profile in Edit Profile. Everything is blank. Then I clicked on Change Gamertag and it wants me to sign in again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is madness.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User armshead
(newbie) Fri 19-Jul-13 00:18:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I was prompted by this thread to have a look at the Solitaire collection to see if there was a Freecell in it. This resulted in a download of 237Mb in to the prefetch folder plus all the dozens of files Windows scattered elsewhere.I'll stick with the freecell I've always used in win 7 & Win 8. freecell.exe is 76Kb and cards.dll is 353Kb. XP lives on!
Standard User IanBB
(member) Fri 19-Jul-13 08:28:49
Print Post

[re: armshead] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by armshead:
I was prompted by this thread to have a look at the Solitaire collection to see if there was a Freecell in it. This resulted in a download of 237Mb in to the prefetch folder plus all the dozens of files Windows scattered elsewhere.I'll stick with the freecell I've always used in win 7 & Win 8. freecell.exe is 76Kb and cards.dll is 353Kb. XP lives on!

You sure about that?

The biggest file in my prefetch folder is 1.5MB smile (Windows 8 Pro x64)
  Print Thread

Jump to