Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Andrew_W
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 08:35:34
Print Post

Images in emails

[link to this post]

I run XP, fully up to date and suddenly cannot insert images in emails whereas before, no problem.

OE is set to HTML with the 'send pictures' option set, I can attach images but not insert anything. I have re-installed IE8, scanned for viruses, tried disabling AV (latest Avast) but no go.

I should have mentioned that when I select Insert/Picture when creating an email this brings up a 'Browse' window. Selecting Browse does not show any files to insert!

Any ideas please?

Andrew

Edited by Andrew_W (Mon 11-Nov-13 09:22:17)

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Mon 11-Nov-13 10:08:11
Print Post

Re: Images in emails

[re: Andrew_W] [link to this post]

what's the file type filter under the Browse window (if any)

is that the "only" problem - that you can't see the files in the browse window ?

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User Andrew_W
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 10:26:02
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Thanks for response.

There is no filter under the Browse window, it just says Alternate text, Layout and Spacing.

And yes, that is the "only" problem, I can't see files in the browse window!

Andrew

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-Nov-13 14:46:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by Andrew_W:
And yes, that is the "only" problem, I can't see files in the browse window!
What folder does the Browse window start in? There can't be any Picture Files in that folder. You need to navigate to a folder that does contain them.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-Nov-13 14:53:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by Andrew_W:
There is no filter under the Browse window
Yarwell means the 'Files of Type:' filter at the foot of Browse window.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User Andrew_W
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 14:55:56
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
What folder does the Browse window start in? There can't be any Picture Files in that folder. You need to navigate to a folder that does contain them.

The Browse window is blank, no folder, nada. Some of my pictures are in a folder called errmmm.... "My Pictures" so how please does one navigate to that folder using OE or at least persuade OE to open it ?

Andrew
Standard User Andrew_W
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 15:06:53
Print Post

At the bottom of the Browse window are options for Layout/Alignment/Border thickness on the left of the window. On the right it says Spacing/Horizontal/Vertical

At the top 'Picture source' next to the Browse button that doesn't do anything and a Cancel button that doesn't work frown

Don't forget we are talking here about an antique Windows XP and Outlook Express 6 wink

Andrew
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-Nov-13 15:10:41
Print Post

Let's clarify, shall we?

When you hit 'Insert/Picture...' you get a Picture (not Browse) window with those Alternate Text, Layout & Spacing as you say. More importantly, at the top, a 'Picture Source:' field and Browse button.

You hit the Browse button and get a Browse window. What's in the 'Look in:' field at the very top and the 'Files of Type:' filter at the very bottom of this window?

EDIT: I'm also running XP & OE6 so I know what I'm talking about!

Edited by XRaySpeX (Mon 11-Nov-13 15:14:24)

Standard User Andrew_W
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 15:21:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Let's clarify, shall we?

When you hit 'Insert/Picture...' you get a Picture (not Browse) window with those Alternate Text, Layout & Spacing as you say. More importantly, at the top, a 'Picture Source:' field and Browse button.

Correct!

You hit the Browse button and get a Browse window. What's in the 'Look in:' field at the very top and the 'Files of Type:' filter at the very bottom of this window?

I hit the Browse button and absolutely nothing happens!! Hit the Cancel button and absolutely nothing happens. I have to hit the X box to close it down.

Andrew
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-Nov-13 15:38:20
Print Post

Oops! Your OE6 seems damaged. Dunno where you can reinstall it from safely, but you can try a Web search.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to