Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TLM
(legend) Tue 21-Jan-14 18:17:17
Print Post

"Remember me" not working for a specific website

[link to this post]

As the problem's not universal, I guess the answer's going to be that the site is broken, but I feel I've had this problem before (different site), and fixed it - but I can't remember how!

A site I've been using for years (but not this one) has a tick-box, to say: "Remember me on this computer". This used to work, but no longer does.

It's a pain, as the usernames and passwords are assigned, not user-selected, so I can never remember either of them, and have to go back to the welcome e-mail every time (lucky I've kept it).

I thought it might be a problem with corrupt cookies (Chrome), so cleared all the cookies and logged in again, once again ticking "remember me" (I'm not being offered the Chrome option to remember password).

But next time I visit, I'm logged out again, and the form's blank. Technically, I think it's correctly logging me out after two hours (login accesses potentially sensitive data, so should have an enforced timeout, for safety). So it's not that I should be staying logged in, but that the form should stay pre-filled, which is not quite the same.

Any ideas?

T.
Standard User Kenneth
(legend) Wed 22-Jan-14 22:05:22
Print Post

Re: "Remember me" not working for a specific website

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

Possibly broken (might not have right attributes for password saving) or possibly telling browser not to remember passwords.

It might be worth trying another browser (Firefox/Opera) that you haven't been to site with before and seeing if that prompts

Ken

Nostalgia is memory with the pain removed
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Jan-14 22:47:08
Print Post

Re: "Remember me" not working for a specific website *DELETED*

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Apprentice

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to