Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TLM
(legend) Thu 13-Feb-14 10:01:39
Print Post

Increased Chrome crashes/hangs recently (Win 7)?

[link to this post]

Anyone noticed an increased tendency for Chrome to hang since one of the recent updates?

This used to be rare in the extreme, but lately I've seen it several times, on several different websites. The symptom is that the page does not load fully load, and appears still to be waiting for something (little circle going round and round).

Then all tabs but the currently active one disappear, and you get a message along the top, saying Chrome is not responding. It doesn't resolve itself with patience, and eventually you get a Windows prompt, asking if you'd like to close the unresponsive program - which is the only way out (unless you open Task Manager and kill it manually).

When you restart Chrome, it does at least recognize that it exited abnormally, and allow you to reload the previously opened tabs, which means you don't have to find everything again from scratch. But it's still pretty annoying, even though it remembers where you were.

I'm on v. 32.0.1700.107 m. I think that update came out about a week ago.

T.
Standard User planetbrain
(member) Thu 13-Feb-14 12:00:26
Print Post

Re: Increased Chrome crashes/hangs recently (Win 7)?

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

Having seen Chrome crashes as such, but have been seeing lots of Aw Snap errors since that update.

What worked for us in those instance was to remove fonts from the effected users My Fonts lists in Google Docs, but another commonly suggested fix is to recreate the local Chrome user profile by deleting Default Folder from

%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data

you may be right, but I'm not wrong

O2 Standard
  Print Thread

Jump to