Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User samulam
(committed) Thu 14-Aug-14 16:00:08
Print Post

irritating

[link to this post]

I have win 8.1 on my laptop. When my laptop comes out of hibernation, I do not see where the pointer is, however as soon as I touch a key I get the pointer and annoyingly a box which one gets if you right click the desktop. It is irritating. can anybody suggest what is causing this to happen. The mouse/pointer properties does not help.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 14-Aug-14 22:04:58
Print Post

Re: irritating

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

This may help locate the pointer. Under the Mouse CP is a setting for "Show location when CTRL pressed".

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User samulam
(committed) Sat 16-Aug-14 23:04:18
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

The optio" show location when CTRL pressed" is already ticked. My problem is not trying to locate the pointer, but as I said in my letter on coming out of hibernation and on the desktop, when I touch anything I get a box of options ( identical to when one right click on the desktop), , this box of options appear without any reason and that is what I want help to prevent it from appearing!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Aug-14 23:44:00
Print Post

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by samulam:
My problem is not trying to locate the pointer
In reply to a post by samulam:
I do not see where the pointer is

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to