Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User smiffy12
(experienced) Thu 27-Nov-14 12:08:14
Print Post

Office 365 Back Up

[link to this post]

Hi, I have invested in Office 365 Home Premium. As this comes with 1TB of online storage, is there any way I can use this for backing up rather than liver doc storage? I still want to have my docs on my PC but docs and other stuff backed up.

Any pointers would be a great help, I've failed when using google..

Thank you for any help
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Nov-14 12:34:14
Print Post

Re: Office 365 Back Up

[re: smiffy12] [link to this post]

There is a onedrive sync application available on the onedrive site that you can set to watch a particular location and it will automatically sync any files placed there to your onedrive.

Also, onedrive storage will increase to unlimited for that product in the fairly near future. Being a longer term customer they upgraded mine to 10TB a month or so back as an interim step - that for me is essentially unlimited anyway.

Link to onedrive app information and download link
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 27-Nov-14 12:36:40
Print Post

Re: Office 365 Back Up

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Bad form, replying to myself....

Another possibility would be to use a backup program to backup the folder to a specific area of your HD and use the onedrive sync software to monitor the folder with the backups. That way the backup file would sync up to the cloud rather than the source folder. Personally I don't see the need to do it that way but it could provide some different options (like you could also encrypt the backup if you were worried about security).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to