Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Jan-15 22:55:37
Print Post

Windows Mail

[link to this post]

I am using both WLM and Metro Mail and there appears to be an email stuck somewhere but I cant find it. The email was an invitation to an event on facebook which I maybe'd then deleted. I have checked all the folders on Metro Mail and it is nowhere to be found but it shows up on the live tile with subject and a count of 1. Also the Lock Screen constantly shows 1 email unread but I cant find it. Anyone know how to clear this?

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Enta
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Edited by Banger (Tue 20-Jan-15 01:15:25)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 20-Jan-15 00:35:14
Print Post

Re: Windows Mail

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

I don't quite understand this.

Do you mean it may be stuck on your mail server but you can't download it to your mail clients? I've seen that happen but rarely. Is this under POP3? If so, you could use raw POP3 via Telnet to inspect the server mailbox.
Also the Lock Screen constantly shows 1 email unread but I can find it. Anyone know how to clear this?
Is that like Windows' System Tray? On a Win PC that will appear in the Registry like:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\Your eMail Addy@Domain]
"MessageCount"=dword:00000001

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User philippercival
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Jan-15 00:39:43
Print Post

Re: Windows Mail

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

You can see the invitation on Facebook, if that helps with that aspect of things.

Once seen, just mark all your folders in your mail client read and hopefully that will fix it.

http://speedtest.net/result/2459383290.png

Solar Results
2013 3521kwh   2014 3344kwh (so far)
My Broadband Ping

Edited by philippercival (Tue 20-Jan-15 00:40:09)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 20-Jan-15 01:44:59
Print Post

Re: Windows Mail - Fixed

[re: philippercival] [link to this post]

Microsoft answers doesnt seem to be available but google says others have had this problem. So I went to the Start Screen, right clicked "uninstall". Went to Store to re-install it but when I did it said there was a problem with Mail and Store would attempt to repair it.

After the repair it seems back to normal, all my accounts are the same as before minus the notification of an unread mail, Windows Mail is using IMAP and WLM is using POP3 for the same account just for info on the account that was stuck.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Enta
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
  Print Thread

Jump to