Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Feb-15 20:43:47
Print Post

OneDrive Issue

[link to this post]

Have a Win 8.1 machine (original Retail version install), but never really bothered about using OneDrive before.

Decided to give it a go but was surprised to receive a message say it has been blocked by System Administrator!

I'm the ONLY person on this PC & it is NOT part of any Company Network - & I'm setup as Administrator!

Have googled for a possible cause but most of the issues seem to be with a test version of Win 10!

One solution did mention opening the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) but that is NOT found on my PC (presumably because its the Retail version).

Anybody got any ideas?

Regards,
John
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Feb-15 21:50:57
Print Post

Re: OneDrive Issue

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

Just to add:-

I can apparently save & retrieve a Document, via Word, into OneDrive.

However, when I check OneDrive (via Explorer) it states they are no files!

When I click on the "APP" OneDrive is when I get the "Blocked" message!

If I copy a Word Document (via Explorer) into OneDrive, I'm unable to retrieve it (i.e. unable to open it) when I try from Word!!

It is almost as if the OneDrive seen by Word is a different OneDrive seen by Explorer!

Regards,
John
Standard User rogerfp
(newbie) Sun 22-Feb-15 11:46:55
Print Post

Never used it, but found this @ http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-skydrive-integ...

"If your version of Windows does not have the Group Policy Editor, you can use the Registry Editor to disable SkyDrive integration in Windows 8.1 Type regedit in Start Search, right-click on the result and select Run as Administrator. Now create the following key, if it does not already exist:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Skydrive
Create a new DWORD and name it DisableFileSync. Give it value 1 to disable OneDrive. To enable OneDrive, delete or give it value data 0."

So check and see if this key exists - if so try editing it to value 0 or delete it.
All GPEdit does is to edit the registry.
Worth a try

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 22-Feb-15 14:58:44
Print Post

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

Hi, Roger, excellent, that sorted it!

Many thanks!

Regards,
John
Standard User rogerfp
(newbie) Mon 23-Feb-15 17:56:25
Print Post

No problem John.
BTW if you want to install GPEdit on your version of Windows (it's not included on the Home versions, only Pro upwards) try this link:-
http://www.rushinformation.com/windows-find-gpedit-m...
Rgds
Roger
  Print Thread

Jump to