[Firefox] Firefox 36.0 release
first offered to Release channel users on February 24, 2015
the release is up on the ftp (non-public) .. should show up on the
public access server and main site early morning.
• New - Pinned tiles on the new tab page can be synced
• New - Support for the full HTTP/2 protocol. HTTP/2 enables a faster, more scalable, and more responsive web.
• New - Locale added: Uzbek (uz)
• Changed - -remote option removed
• Changed - No longer accept insecure RC4 ciphers whenever possible
• Changed - Phasing out Certificates with 1024-bit RSA Keys
• Changed - Shut down hangs will now show the crash reporter before exiting the program
• Changed - Add-on Compatibility
• HTML5 - Support for the ECMAScript 6 Symbol data type added
• HTML5 - unicode-range CSS descriptor descriptor implemented
• HTML5 - CSSOM-View scroll behavior implemented allowing smooth scrolling of content without custom libraries
• HTML5 - object-fit and object-position implemented.
• Defines how and where the content of a replaced element is displayed
• HTML5 - isolation CSS property implemented.
• Create a new stacking context to isolate groups of boxes to control which blend together
• HTML5 - CSS3 will-change property implemented.
• Hints the browser of elements that will be modified. The browser will perform some performance optimization for these
• HTML5 - Improved ES6 generators for better performance
• Developer - Eval sources now appear in the Debugger
• Developer - DOM Promises inspection
• Developer - Inspector: More paste options in markup view
• Fixed - CSS gradients work on premultiplied colors
• Fixed - Fix some unexpected log out from Facebook or Google after restart
• Fixed - Various security fixes
Please see the Release Notes for more information.
Download - All systems & languages
Firefox 31.5.0 ESR will be available here
Firefox 36.0 for Android - Release notes
Next Release - Firefox 37.0 / ESR 31.6.0 - 2015-04-07