I don't have a lot of time to spare (excuse the pun) and your requirements are a little vague. Also, I haven't attempted this sort of stuff with Excel. Sorry to bounce you but you may be better off posting your question in stackoverflow
, but you'll need to be pretty clear about your requirements. Some things to consider:
- Is this for your own use or other people's? If the latter, how will you distribute it?
- Must the events fire only when a specific Excel workbook is open (and will it be left opened)?
- Must the events start Excel if it is not running? In which case a VB app running in the system tray might be more appropriate.
- Will the events need to be re-queued when they fire?
- Would it be more appropriate to use the Windows Task Scheduler?
- and so on...
It seems to be a strange thing to want to do inside an Excel workbook, although MS have provided a way to make it happen.
Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so,
almost everyone gets busy on the proof. -- J.K. Galbraith