Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 06-Oct-15 19:56:36
Print Post

Surface Book

[link to this post]

Wow, Microsoft are building a laptop. Here's a comparison showing how much better than a Macbook it is
http://mashable.com/2015/10/06/surface-book-vs-macbo...
Standard User TinyMongomery
(member) Tue 06-Oct-15 20:02:59
Print Post

Re: Surface Book

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Good though it sounds it lacks one essential - a little logo of an Apple with a bite out of it.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Oct-15 20:22:42
Print Post

Basic specification isn't everything. Some PC's/laptops with slower processors can actually perform quicker, with real world applications, than faster cpu machines because of faster bus speed, larger cache, faster memory, etc.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Oct-15 20:53:42
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

And shame it is running Windows 10

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 06-Oct-15 21:14:28
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

You can detach the screen and use it as a tablet.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Oct-15 21:41:16
Print Post

That do not stop it running windows 10

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
(member) Tue 06-Oct-15 22:37:30
Print Post

That's the good bit. Windows 10 is much better than OS X, and it is very consistent across all platforms. But Windows phones suffer the same problem - great technically, much more advanced than Android or iOS, but they are unfashionable. (The good thing is that this makes them cheap.)

Technical excellence is never a huge factor in deciding the success of a particualr technology.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Oct-15 09:04:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
That's the good bit. Windows 10 is much better than OS X, and it is very consistent across all platforms. But Windows phones suffer the same problem - great technically, much more advanced than Android or iOS, but they are unfashionable. (The good thing is that this makes them cheap.)

Technical excellence is never a huge factor in deciding the success of a particualr technology.

If you do not mind being spied on Windows 10 is great. Saying that I doubt OS X is much better in that way.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
(member) Wed 07-Oct-15 09:10:56
Print Post

If you are worried about being spied on then you shouldn't use the Internet at all. I'm comfortable with doing so. I don't mind advertisers targeting ads at me according to my preferences rather than receiving any old junk ads.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 08-Oct-15 17:46:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
If you are worried about being spied on then you shouldn't use the Internet at all. I'm comfortable with doing so. I don't mind advertisers targeting ads at me according to my preferences rather than receiving any old junk ads.

It is suppose to be a OS, not a spy thing. I can understand it happening on a mobile phone, even if I do not agree with it, but not with a normal computer Os.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
  Print Thread

Jump to