Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User samulam
(committed) Fri 06-Nov-15 22:28:11
Print Post

usb device failed

[link to this post]

On device manager , under:human interface deviuces, I find one input usb device "failed", "the device cannot start". I tried to update the device, but windows tell me that the device is OK. How can I identify the faulty usb device ? I tried all the usb inputs, they seem OK, So how can I remove this yellow mark from the Device manager ?
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Fri 06-Nov-15 23:55:23
Print Post

Re: usb device failed

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

I assume you have tried uninstalling the device, restarting the PC and let Windows redect it again?
Also if possible try a system restore back to a time when it was working as it may be a registry error.
If these don't work run System Information and look under Problem Devices. It should show a very long unique Device ID. Unfortunately you can't highlight and copy this. So type this manually into to Google and it MAY give info on what the device is.
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Nov-15 10:25:25
Print Post

I have had this where the specific device driver was updated by Windows and I had to roll back to thr previous driver to sort it
Also can you try the device in another PC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User samulam
(committed) Sat 07-Nov-15 22:14:53
Print Post

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

Hi, I did what you suggested ie, uninstalled the device and restarted the computer,. and it worked, the yellow mark gone from the device manager. Many thanks for your tip.
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Sun 08-Nov-15 17:31:55
Print Post

Pleased to hear, thanks for letting me know.
  Print Thread

Jump to