Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User smiffy12
(experienced) Thu 17-Dec-15 14:50:56
Print Post

Acer Laptop and W10 Reinstall without DVD Deleting Bloatware

[link to this post]

Hello, I bought an Acer Laptop complete with the manufacturer rubbish (crapware I believe its called) pre installed. It doesn't have a disc of W10. I can reset to manufacturer default settings easily enough.

Previously, when buying a new machine, I'd boot from the OS cd, format and reinstall only the MS version of the OS. I don't see how I can do this with W10, is there a way without having a CD?

Thanks for looking
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Dec-15 15:45:54
Print Post

Re: Acer Laptop and W10 Reinstall without DVD Deleting Bloat

[re: smiffy12] [link to this post]

Usually you can just delete everything in Add/Remove programs. Windows Update should reinstall any drivers you remove from the list, but make sure you have a copy of the network driver just in case.

Oliver.
Standard User Deft
(experienced) Tue 29-Dec-15 22:40:18
Print Post

[re: smiffy12] [link to this post]

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/wi...
Need to create a USB, DVD or ISO?
Use the media creation tool linked to near the bottom (blue button "Download tool now")

Choose custom install to do a total fresh install when you get to that choice. I tend to destroy all the partitions including any recovery ones at this point! Who wants to recover a [censored] Acer install anyway eh?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Dec-15 04:59:55
Print Post

[re: Deft] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Deft:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/wi...
Need to create a USB, DVD or ISO?
Use the media creation tool linked to near the bottom (blue button "Download tool now")

Choose custom install to do a total fresh install when you get to that choice. I tend to destroy all the partitions including any recovery ones at this point! Who wants to recover a [censored] Acer install anyway eh?

I do exactly this.

AAISP Home::1
  Print Thread

Jump to