Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Sun 20-Dec-15 14:16:26
Print Post

Vey useful site for everything Windows 10

[link to this post]

http://www.tenforums.com
Installation, configuration, customisation, problem resolutions, updates, current issues and more.
Standard User TinyMongomery
(experienced) Sun 20-Dec-15 15:15:51
Print Post

Re: Very useful site for everything Windows 10

[re: rogerfp] [link to this post]

Double-posting, or cross-posting, is frowned upon on most forums. Especially when you are using it to promote a particular web site.
Standard User rogerfp
(member) Sun 20-Dec-15 16:46:30
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

Sorry, didn't realise. Thought it might have got buried among posts on another subject. Absolutely no connection to me. Just thought it might be useful.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User micksharpe
(legend) Sun 20-Dec-15 16:58:05
Print Post

I don't see any problem in this instance. Of course, cross-posting inevitably leads to confusion and wasted effort when asking for assistance.

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him. -- Groucho Marx
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-Dec-15 17:16:36
Print Post

[re: micksharpe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by micksharpe:
I don't see any problem in this instance. Of course, cross-posting inevitably leads to confusion and wasted effort when asking for assistance.

I do not see a problem with this either

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User TinyMongomery
(experienced) Sun 20-Dec-15 17:22:50
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

The problem is the needless duplication of information. It may not be a huge problem in this case, but it is the thin end of the wedge. It's a simple matter of commonly agreed forum etiquette.

I don't think that cross-posting is only to be deprecated when it may cause confusion. It seems particularly pointless to post the same information twice in succession in the same forum - there would be more justification for posting a copy of the message in several different forums here, but that would surely be frowned upon.

The problem is that now we have caused more noise by discussing the matter. frown
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 20-Dec-15 17:28:32
Print Post

I think the OP is quite right that the link to what does look to be quite a good site would be buried in the thread it first appeared in. So although I agree with you in general, I think in this particular case you may be being a little strict smile.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-Dec-15 21:15:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I regularly check this site for info.

Tim
www.xilo.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg LLU
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
  Print Thread

Jump to