Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User blackmesa8
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Feb-16 12:43:22
Print Post

Windows 7 help

[link to this post]

Hi, does anyone know where any legal windows 7 professional sp1 64bit iso's are that could be downloaded?
Again not a pirated copy, a legit one i could enter my win 7 pro Windows key into.
I need to reinstall Windows.

Edit. Nevermind https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/wi...

Edited by blackmesa8 (Wed 03-Feb-16 12:47:54)

Standard User blackmesa8
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Feb-16 12:57:52
Print Post

Re: Windows 7 help

[re: blackmesa8] [link to this post]

Ok turns out i do need help. It won't accept my windows key i expect because its from a Lenovo desktop, oem key? What are people like me who don't have Windows discs but a legal copy of windows installed on there computers do in situations like this? Only reason i need to reinstall is because of a harddrive failing. giving me smart warnings etc and windows needs to be installed on a new ssd.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 03-Feb-16 13:48:50
Print Post

Try asking Lenovo for a disc. They might ship a copy of the Windows DVD to you for a small fee (obviously without a licence key).

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User blackmesa8
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Feb-16 14:15:33
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Thanks for your help. I phoned the computer shop i got it from cause it was a 2nd hand lenevo and there happy to give me a windows 7 pro iso as long as i take a picture of my computer and its windows license key on its case.
Standard User blackmesa8
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 09-Feb-16 11:06:19
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Thanks for your help again. Thought i would end this post with a update.
I did manage to get a safe Windows ISO from the computer shop and installed it on the new SSD.

I am amazed how fast it has made a 2nd gen i3 3.30ghz with 8gb of 1066mhz ddr3 ram. I mean it's not a fast PC and i have a 4th gen I5 with a Intel ssd and for some tasks i3 keeps up like booting windows its only 3-4 seconds slower.

So This whole harddrive failure for me has turned out good.
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Feb-16 19:27:56
Print Post

A little academic now but may be useful for others......

Win7 ISO's used to be legally downloadable from Digital River but M$ seem to have put a stop to that. However, the ISO's are still available from DR's German outlet but I think they're only downloadable as torrents.
Only one version each of x86 and x64 need to be downloaded and the "eiconfig" file removed. A menu will then be presented asking which version you want to install. It's also possible to merge the 32 and 64 bit versions to a single DVD so a single disk can be used to install any version.

Got a function?
We've got it covered!
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 20-Feb-16 23:04:46
Print Post

[re: Deadbeat] [link to this post]

yeah seems counter productive from MS, on windows 8 and newer they want people to use the media creation tool.

But that tool e.g. on windows 8.1 only provides the update 1 image, not the update 3 image.

That windows 7 download link protected by a cd key request is silly.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Feb-16 23:59:44
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Not to you in particular but I can upload a Win7 SP1 "all in one" x86/x64 ISO for any regulars that fall foul of M$'s impracticalities.

Got a function?
We've got it covered!
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 21-Feb-16 21:57:04
Print Post

Re: Windows 7 help *DELETED*

[re: Deadbeat] [link to this post]

Post deleted by BatBoy
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Sun 21-Feb-16 22:47:10
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

That might save me from upping a few gig! Have you tried grabbing a Win7 ISO? I don't use FF or Chrome so can't try.
Does the SHA hash match?

If this info is good it's only necessary to download one 64 and one 32 bit copy of say Ultimate, merge them and remove the eiconfig file. That way when installing you'll get a menu up asking which version you want to install.

Got a function?
We've got it covered!

Edited by Deadbeat (Sun 21-Feb-16 22:51:39)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to