Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Rytenuff
(experienced) Thu 10-Mar-16 18:12:24
Print Post

Mailbird users with a domain

[link to this post]

My mate has a domain. Let's call it, joebloggs.co.uk His domain is with 1&1 who provide a forwarding service so that mail sent to joe@joebloggs.co.uk gets forwarded to his joe@wanadoo email account. (He wants to stay with Mailbird.)
At the moment if friends address emails to him using joe@joebloggs.co.uk he gets the emails OK but his emails to them are seen as coming from joe@wanadoo.
He wants to configure Mailbird so that when he sends mail it appears to the recipient that his email address is joe@joebloggs.co.uk and that to reply they should address it to joe@joebloggs.co.uk He wants to do this so that if/when he changes ISP his email address will remain joe@joebloggs.co.uk
I do this easily using Thunderbird but as I say, he wants to stay with Mailbird.
I don't use Mailbird and we are only communicating via email so I don't know how it is laid out and therefore can't help him.
Any help as to what to enter in which field to achieve this appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Rytenuff (Thu 10-Mar-16 18:22:17)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Mar-16 19:05:58
Print Post

Re: Mailbird users with a domain

[re: Rytenuff] [link to this post]

I have just downloaded mailbird to have a look and see if I can sort your problem out.
If your friend goes into options which is got at by going to the top left and clicking on the box of horizontal lines, which some people call a hamburger, not that it looks like one. Anyway, go to options, then identities , and then select the account and then click on edit, that will open a box and he he should see some info there, email address and something that says use a different email address for reply, that could be ticked on his options.

i have no idea why he wants to keep this software, I only used it for five minutes and it got on my nerves already,k trying to do too much to be honest. i like my email client to be that, just a email client, i do not want it to connect to Facebook or any other app. I will stick with Fossamail, which is thunderbrd to be honest.
Anyway if that do not help then I have no idea.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Rytenuff
(experienced) Thu 10-Mar-16 19:15:14
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Thank you for that. I will copy and paste this to an email for him.
Cheers.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 10-Mar-16 20:47:17
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Funny you should say that.

For some unknown reason Thunderbird stopped working for me late last year and I struggled along with the one in question and another similar for a bit but they weren't nice to use. Then I used webmail (Roundcube) to my hosts for a few weeks which was a bit better but slow-reacting.

I also had to have two browsers open with two accounts in one and the third in the other, as two of them are on the same server and logging into either of the two in another tab in the same browser logged the other out. So a server mix in one browser and the second account on the joint server in the other. PLus a third browser to work in. Bit of a pain overall.

I discovered FossaMail in a magazine comparison a couple of weeks ago and really pleased with it. As you say, it is just a picking up of Thunderbird and works well.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Mar-16 21:36:49
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

i have been using Fossamail for a while now, i have had no problems with it. I use one and one as my email provider. But that mailbird is awful. i used to use Incredimail for years and then it started to add facebook in and just lost the plot.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Mar-16 21:37:21
Print Post

[re: Rytenuff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rytenuff:
Thank you for that. I will copy and paste this to an email for him.
Cheers.

I hope it works

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
  Print Thread

Jump to