Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-May-16 22:28:05
Print Post

Windows Live Mail Query

[link to this post]

On my Wife's Laptop she uses Windows Live Mail (WLM), covering a number of email accounts.

She compiled an email but used the "wrong" account (realising that she was using the wrong account before fully completing it) - hence she wrote it again using the correct account.

However she forgot to delete the "Draft" message &, when she tried to close WLM down, it tried to send it - since she hadn't fully finished it, she was happy that it didn't send.

Unfortunately, each time she now opens or closes WLM, she gets a double-message of asking if she wants to send it (which she says "No") & also that the Send-Routine is in error (with this message having "failed")!

My own experience of Email Clients (I have zero experience of WLM) is that such messages are EITHER left in the Draft Folder OR they are left in a temporary OutBox Folder. This message has NOT been left in Draft & there isn't an OutBox!! Because of this, we have been unable to delete the "rogue" message.

Can anyone advise where it is hidden, so that we can delete it??

Regards,
John
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-May-16 01:33:23
Print Post

Re: Windows Live Mail Query

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

It must be in the Outbox or 1 of the Draft folders. Remember there is 1 Draft Folder for each email a/c + 1 under Storage Folders. Have you looked in all of those?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-May-16 01:37:34
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by johnjburness:
there isn't an OutBox!!
There should be! Under all the separate email a/c's & above Storage Folders.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-May-16 10:29:13
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Problem now sorted! Many thanks!

There was an OutBox, that I had missed, it was scrolled off the screen!

Regards,
John
  Print Thread

Jump to