Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 29-May-16 13:07:33
Print Post

Yumi type thing for DVD

[link to this post]

I am not sure if this should go in hardware OR windows.
Anyway, I have a useful bit of software called Yummi, it allows me to make a multiboot USB stick of different tools, but I need something that can do that for DVD/CD, do anyone know of anything like it?

I am sorting out a computer and it is a old 233, Need some tools on a DVD/CD, which I can do, but do not really want a load of disks. The poor machine have not been used for months, booted it up a few weeks back and the hard drive just come up with error after error. i pur a new drive, ok an old drive, one of mine in, but having problems with fdisk, when I try to erase the partition as it will not recognise the name of the partition which is in small letters and Fdisk will only accept capitals.

Oh yeah, windows 98 is going back on it and no it is not being connected to the net, it is going to be used as a sound module, like it used to be before the switch went belly up.

Anyway, do anyone know of any software that makes a multi boot optical disk? thanks

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User neo_wales
(learned) Sun 29-May-16 18:13:45
Print Post

Re: Yumi type thing for DVD

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

233? Recycle it and spend forty quid on ebay and get a better base unit.

Robert
South Wales UK
Talk Talk FTTC
i7 PC
i7 Surface Pro 4
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Sun 29-May-16 22:52:36
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Check out Hirens Boot CD. It's more than useful as it is but it's also customisable to your needs.

Got a function?
We've got it covered!

Edited by Deadbeat (Sun 29-May-16 23:00:34)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-May-16 08:44:08
Print Post

[re: Deadbeat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Deadbeat:
Check out Hirens Boot CD. It's more than useful as it is but it's also customisable to your needs.

Ok I will have a look at that.

It would be nice to take the machine out of use to be honest, but the ISA is required for a sound card and midi daughter board, that is all it is doing is being a sound module.
He have got a PII machine with a ISA, it is a old Dell, I was thinking of putting that in place instead if it works, we already had to pull out the DVD drive from it as the one in the 233 stopped working.

The only thing that will be installed is Cakewalk.

Thanks for the info.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
  Print Thread

Jump to