Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Brunel
(experienced) Thu 28-Jul-16 20:03:35
Print Post

Another Win 10 problem

[link to this post]

Attempting to update a H.P 260 G1 Desktop Mini PC, I have downloaded all the Win 10 update files. On attempting the installation I receive a warning that there is not enough free space on the HD.

As it only has a 32GB SSD, can I utilise an external drive as temp. storage.

If I have to fit another HD, will it still update after the cut off date, which is of course tomorrow.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Jul-16 07:45:20
Print Post

Re: Another Win 10 problem

[re: Brunel] [link to this post]

Do you have much in the way of your own files on there? If so it would be simplest to copy them off elsewhere to free up space. If you have downloaded a packaged installer for Win10 then you should be able to put that on a memory stick/external drive and install it from there freeing up the space the source media takes up.
Standard User Brunel
(experienced) Fri 29-Jul-16 08:16:00
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Thanks, will try that.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User martinsq
(member) Sat 30-Jul-16 00:27:22
Print Post

[re: Brunel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Brunel:
Attempting to update a H.P 260 G1 Desktop Mini PC, I have downloaded all the Win 10 update files. On attempting the installation I receive a warning that there is not enough free space on the HD.
As it only has a 32GB SSD, can I utilise an external drive as temp. storage.
If I have to fit another HD, will it still update after the cut off date, which is of course tomorrow.

You can still legitimately get FREE W10 install, ask if you need it, I send you a link.
Regards,
Martin
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 02-Aug-16 13:46:10
Print Post

[re: martinsq] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by martinsq:
You can still legitimately get FREE W10 install, ask if you need it, I send you a link.
You mean this? Free W10 install
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 02-Aug-16 16:57:10
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

What are "Assistive technologies"?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57791/14021kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 02-Aug-16 17:00:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

There's a handy list here https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/accessibility/2016/...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 02-Aug-16 20:06:37
Print Post

Thanks. (I wonder if the installation will actually check you have one?)
Narrator now supports six levels of verbosity for giving you more details about the characteristics of text. You can cycle through these modes by pressing CAPS LOCK + CTRL + (PLUS). For example, at what we call Verbose mode 0 (zero), you will hear just the text. At verbose mode 1, you might hear if the text is a heading. At verbose level 5 you will get a speech by Neil Kinnock.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57791/14021kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 02-Aug-16 20:12:00
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No, you are eligible even if you're only just planning to use assistive technologies in the future.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 08-Aug-16 08:43:03
Print Post

I just tried this. It installs the full version including the Anniversary update.
  Print Thread

Jump to