Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Aug-16 17:42:21
Print Post

Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB3176934) availability?

[link to this post]

All right, I know I could search & find a manual download of this, but does anyone know why I'm not seeing this automatically?

In fact, although my "check-now" history is up to date, my PC hasn't offered any updates (Security or otherwise) since 9th August)!!

Regards,
John
Standard User petsy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Aug-16 20:01:14
Print Post

Re: Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB3176934) availability?

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

You could try checking settings>update & security>windows update>advanced options.
Uncheck Defer upgrade if checked...
Be aware that if you have a Logitech webcam it will most likely freeze if you use skype with 1607.
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Aug-16 20:43:47
Print Post

[re: petsy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by petsy:
You could try checking settings>update & security>windows update>advanced options.
Uncheck Defer upgrade if checked...
Be aware that if you have a Logitech webcam it will most likely freeze if you use skype with 1607.

I don't appear to have a "Defer Upgrade" option!!

Regards,
John

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 31-Aug-16 07:09:59
Print Post

It's not on the Home version of Win 10.

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 Pro on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User herbgold
(member) Wed 31-Aug-16 08:35:53
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

This is the "Anniversary Update", yes? It is a bit strange. I've just received a shiny new Surface Pro 4 (nice!) and when I first switched it on it spent ages downloading and installing Windows updates, but not Version 1607, which I presume is really to be treated like a new version of Windows.

(I was able to download and install Version 1607 separately, which I did largely for the new pen support.)

Edited by herbgold (Wed 31-Aug-16 08:36:53)

Standard User rob54
(committed) Sun 04-Sep-16 20:24:54
Print Post

It didn't download automatically (the anniversary update I mean) for me either. I made a manual update late last evening. After 2.5hrs the pc froze while using Firefox. Had no option but to press reset. Luckily the PC restarted OK (this is now past 2 in the morning) update not made.
So tried again today. Much more than three hours later it is there. This update took far longer than the original Win 7-10 update.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIndows 10 Home, Plusnet Unlimited ADSL (ex-o2 Broadband Standard), Norton Security,
Website & email hosting & domain name provider - www.tsohost.co.uk
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 04-Sep-16 21:44:05
Print Post

[re: rob54] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rob54:
So tried again today. Much more than three hours later it is there. This update took far longer than the original Win 7-10 update.
That's because there weren't any cockups to try to put right in the initial install wink smile.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User rob54
(committed) Sun 04-Sep-16 22:00:37
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Maybe you're right and we can look forward to more mammoth updates to put right these cockups built into this one! I see they fixed a freezing problem in the last day or so.

WIndows 10 Home, Plusnet Unlimited ADSL (ex-o2 Broadband Standard), Norton Security,
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 04-Sep-16 22:29:49
Print Post

Yep, SV2 no doubt in 6 months.

Oops! They don't call them that any more, do they. It should be interesting over the next decade to see what they call each one, seeing as Windows 10 is the last ever name for a new OS. That there will never be another completely new one.

La-la-la! ........!

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User rob54
(committed) Mon 05-Sep-16 23:06:36
Print Post

Replying to myself here....seems there are cockups in this anniversary update that affect my system anyway. Only a short time after (yesterday and today) I had constant problems with ethernet. Internet to the phone on wifi remained fine. I could not even get the PC to talk to the router. I decided it had to be the update so I have rolled it back to version 1511. All fine now.
I think I want to prevent it trying to do it automatically too. Not sure how.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to