Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Oct-16 12:38:50
Print Post

Win10 Cumulative update 16xxxx

[link to this post]

Anyone else having problems updating their PC to the Windows 10 Cumulative update? I am on the 15xxx build release. My PC stated off on Windows 7, has been used for a number of years and I upgraded very easily to Windows 10 in April/May of this year. Since moving to Win10, all of the sw has worked without fault.

Now on the latest large update for Win10, my pc takes the update, but I eventually get spinning white dots, that even leaving for 2+ days just spin and spin. In the end I had to revert to an acronis restore of the C: drive to get back into the PC, as no amount of fixing would work, apart from safe boot.

I know this is being talked about on some general public boards, but just wondered if anyone else here has found any form of fix. My greatest frustration is not being able to understand what is the blocker, as there is little or no debug that I can find that is of any use. Thankfully I have Win10Pro so can defer updates, otherwise I would be in a restore/update loop.

IanD
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 17-Oct-16 07:52:44
Print Post

Re: Win10 Cumulative update 16xxxx

[re: iand] [link to this post]

It's gone fine on my 2 PCs and 4 or 5 others know that have been updated. Not personally aware of any with problems.

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 Pro on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Oct-16 19:48:52
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

thank you for that. It is frustrating that there is little or no debug to help me resolve this. Looks like its time to post on the MS boards again.

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 09-Feb-17 18:33:26
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

just an update.

yesterday when I rebooted my PC the windows cumulative update actually worked. !!!!. This is the 4th attempt of an automatic upgade

looks like MS have been busy working out what is stopping the general updates, and have made the update service work.

IanD
  Print Thread

Jump to