Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Mar-17 22:46:17
Print Post

Re: Next major update to Win 10

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Banger:
Dark mode is high contrast theme enabled in themes and also edge has it too with firefox as well but ff does not display pages correctly. Essentially it is black web pages and applications to reduce eyestrain. eg Facebook is white on black instead of black on white which I find considerably easier on the eyes.

I see.

Never heard of cent browser but suspect it may not have a dark theme.

Cent is a browser based on Chrome,

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Mar-17 23:03:25
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Oh right I tried Chrome and enabled the dark them on that and it crashed and every time I started it with dark theme enabled it crashed and some of the buttons didn't look right on chrome with dark theme.

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus DSL-N55U on 80 Meg LLU Fibre
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Mar-17 23:26:52
Print Post

Think Edge maybe fixed had no problems tonight after the March update. Fingers crossed.

Tim

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Mar-17 10:37:34
Print Post

Think Edge maybe fixed had no problems tonight after the March update. Fingers crossed.

I hate Edge, tried it for a while, but just something about it that I do not like, apart from some of the extensions I use is not available on it.

i think it is because it have the same UI as universal apps and the URL bar is in a stupid place.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Mar-17 14:28:30
Print Post

Spoke too soon just stalled, ahh.

Tim
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Mar-17 23:43:49
Print Post

Trying Cent but there isnt a dark theme and it doesnt insert apostrophes like Edge but other than that I will probably keep it as a backup browser for facebook when Edge is being a pain haha. There is high contrast mode but it turns this pages background white which is a shame. Will keep playing see if I can customize it to my liking. It is fast though.

Tim
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Mar-17 00:29:28
Print Post

Liking Cent, getting used to it and once I discovered some of the chrome themes like the dark theme work with it, it's starting to grow on me. laugh I have also discovered Grammarly which helped me correct this paragraph.

Tim
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Mar-17 11:36:42
Print Post

Trying Cent but there isnt a dark theme and it doesnt insert apostrophes like Edge but other than that I will probably keep it as a backup browser for facebook when Edge is being a pain haha. There is high contrast mode but it turns this pages background white which is a shame. Will keep playing see if I can customize it to my liking. It is fast though.

Insert apostrophes?

It is fast, I used to use comodo Dragon, which is again based on Chrome, but I had a few problems and I saw cent mentioned on a forum, so I tried it and liked it.

I am thinking of going back to Windows 8.1 anyway, the only problem is if I update this computer to Ryzen, will it work, because I really do not like Windows 10, too much spying and too much MS control,.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Mar-17 16:18:04
Print Post

Good luck with the Ryzen and 8.1 it may or may not work. Are you doing a clean install or from an image, what about Windows authentication, does changing a CPU and I presume motherboard invalidate activation?

Tim
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Mar-17 17:25:58
Print Post

Good luck with the Ryzen and 8.1 it may or may not work. Are you doing a clean install or from an image, what about Windows authentication, does changing a CPU and I presume motherboard invalidate activation?

Just posted a post in hardware issues , MS is blocking updates on the older operating systems if they are running on the new gen of processors.

I have a retail version of 7 pro, and updated that to 8 pro, and in turn to 10, so my version of Windows 10 is retail, so I can activate it on any computer as long as it is deactivated on the other machine.

Not sure what I will do, i do no really want to do a clean install as the amount of plug ins I have for my video editing software is a pain to reinstall,, even if I have changed to using different software most of the time, I still need Vegas installed.
i could just try and boot up with the drive as it is on the new system, or make an image and use that.

I am using 10 at the moment, but to be honest, it annoys me, so I think I will go back to 8.

not sure when i am updating, I am thinking of doing it when my next week off work comes up, which i think is next month.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to