Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Tue 11-Apr-17 13:16:33
Print Post

Windows 10 Window Defender Update problems!

[link to this post]

One of my PCs, which are all intalled with Windows 10 and using only Windows Defender as virus/malwares controls, continues to fail the latest Windows Defender's Definition Updates (i.e. being stuck at Definitions 1.239.1124.0) after prompting that "Because of an Internet or Network connectivity problem" even though I have activated the Windows Defender's "Definition Update", seeing the update being downloaded and installed. My Internet has NO PROBLEMS (because I could use my Browsers) at all! Besides I have tried this Windows Defender's Definition Updates in Administrator/Normal modes but still failing in that particular PC!
My other PCs which are having similar setups are O.K without the said problems. So may I ask how to resolve my problem, or do I need to re-installing Windows Defender??

Thanks

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows10 !
Current ISP: Plusnet FTTC
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Wed 12-Apr-17 09:44:01
Print Post

Re: Windows 10 Window Defender Update problems!

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

I have solved my said failing to update Windows Defender problem now! I just "restored" my PC to my latest previous "states" before Windows Defender playing up. I then re-updated Windows Defender's Definitions files.
I thought I would let you guys know about it!

Thank you

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Apr-17 11:48:35
Print Post

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by OCdragon:
I have solved my said failing to update Windows Defender problem now! I just "restored" my PC to my latest previous "states" before Windows Defender playing up. I then re-updated Windows Defender's Definitions files.
I thought I would let you guys know about it!

Thank you

Maybe best to get a decent security suite instead of using defender, i normally use commodo but at the moment they have a a problem with windows 10 creator update for some reason.

One way to get rid of other security suites,. make sure they muck up after a windows update.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Wed 12-Apr-17 14:23:13
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Thank you for your reply, Adrian! I had been using the FREE version of "Avast" for Windows 10 prior to moving to the Windows Defender itself. I found the FREE "Avast" was acceptable, but it usually update its Definition Files about a day in lagging compared to Windows Defender for Windows 10, which us usually SEVERL times daily. That is primary why I have been using Windows Defender instead for over a year now! I'm not sure about the others as you mention though.

P.S; Windows 10's Defender playing-up on me was FIRST TIME though!

Print Thread

Jump to