Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User toonarmy22
(newbie) Thu 13-Apr-17 21:01:22
Print Post

BSOD

[link to this post]

Hope someone can advise me on this problem. PC runs fine browsing internet but as soon as i play a game, or use a program like lightroom get blue screen and pc restarts. Windows home screen says recovered from a serious problem and get pop up window saying this, blue screen os version 6.1.7601.2.0.7683 locale 2057 BC code 50. Tried updating graphics card drivers , run memtest ,and updating Windows all to no avail. Anybody got a clue to problem, sorry if bit vague and excuse my grammar, but using a tablet to write this.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 13-Apr-17 21:29:22
Print Post

Re: BSOD

[re: toonarmy22] [link to this post]

Can't help, but others might have more chance if told the kit details and version of Windows. Looks to me, as no expert, like Windows 7.

What about the modernity of stuff you are trying to run?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65273/13554Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 13-Apr-17 21:32:41)

Standard User toonarmy22
(newbie) Thu 13-Apr-17 21:36:28
Print Post

Whoops sorry about that.Im running Win 7 home edition 64 bit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TinyMongomery
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Apr-17 21:41:09
Print Post

It sounds like it could be a hardware problem. Prime suspects would be overheating or an inadequate power supply.

==================================
Sovereignty really does mean sovereignty
Standard User toonarmy22
(newbie) Thu 13-Apr-17 22:00:41
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

thanks for info.the psu is a coolermaster 750w about 5 yrs old now. rest of specs are amd fx4300, asrock 970A g-1,16gb of ram,geforce 640gt card,samsung 250gb ssd,and 1gb wd hard drive.Problem seemed to start when i installed ssd, could be coincedence i suppose.
Standard User TinyMongomery
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Apr-17 22:08:22
Print Post

I wonder if you might have disturbed something when installing the ssd, or whether one of the connectors is not pushed home fully. It might be worth reseating the RAM and all connectors.

==================================
Sovereignty really does mean sovereignty
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 13-Apr-17 22:09:57
Print Post

What happens if you uninstall the SSD? Frst thing I would try, because if it goes away at least we know the cause.

Then what we have to do is find a work-around.

If it doesn't, then next idea!

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65273/13554Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 13-Apr-17 22:10:33
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

Good thought. I missed that frown.

Standard User toonarmy22
(newbie) Thu 13-Apr-17 22:12:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks guys for the help will disconnect ssd tomorrow see if that does the trick. Oh and check all connections.
Standard User toonarmy22
(newbie) Fri 14-Apr-17 12:09:44
Print Post

Well checked all connections and disconnected ssd no bsd.put ssd back ran for over 1 hour playing FM 2016 no bsod. At a loss to what's up,ran memtest plus windows memory diagnostic no memory issues. Could it still be a PSU problem, don't want to buy new one if not needed . Is it possible it could be a video card problem.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to