Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-May-17 06:52:42
Print Post

windows 10 anniversary edition

[link to this post]

Where can i get an ISO from? I can get the Creators update from MS, but that version have problems on the machine I am putting it on, so I need the anniversary edition, just in case the roll back don't work and things go belly up and knock out the hidden partition. i know it should work ok, but this is windows after all.

thanks

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-May-17 12:39:45
Print Post

Re: windows 10 anniversary edition

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Microsoft? The anniversary edition is still showing at

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/wi...

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-May-17 16:51:05
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

How do you know that it is the anniversary edition? There is nothing there to say what it is or am I missing something?

Thanks anyway

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-May-17 00:51:09
Print Post

Ah! It may be that because I am accessing it from a Mac and it mentions that Mac Boot Camp users must use the Anniversary edition;
Mac customers using Boot Camp: Instead of performing a new install of Creators Update, download and install Windows 10 Anniversary Update ISO. Then install the Creators Update via the normal Windows update process. For more details click here.
It then gives me the choice of three versions of Windows 10 Creator and three versions of Windows 10 Anniversary.

Change your browser's User-Agent string to look like you're connecting from a Mac computer and it may well show you the same.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-May-17 17:38:59
Print Post

ah, that could be the reason, I am using Linux at the moment and just went to the site and it allows me to choose. thanks for that.
I tell you what, may be I should go for a Mac, it is less hassle.
But this copy of Windows 10 is not for my computer as i am using 8.1, so it is still hassle with other peoples computers.

thanks again

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-May-17 15:04:08
Print Post

I'm glad it worked smile

A Mac isn't always a panacea. I'm running a mail server on one and ended up having to run Linux on a virtual machine on it in order to get everything to work as my MTA of choice resolutely failed to compile from source on OS X.

Sarah

--

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-May-17 17:28:52
Print Post

I did not need it after, the computer went back to the old version ok, but it was good to have on a usb stick just in case.

My own machine is playing up now, for some reason it came up with a blue screen of death and I had to reset the bios, ok the UEFI, but I have no idea why, I set it back up to what it should be and Windows still did not boot, so I had to reinstall from a image file.

Maybe this machine is at the end of it's life, I was hoping for it to last until June.

Maybe I should go Mac.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User TinyMongomery
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-May-17 17:34:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Maybe I should go Mac.
If you're not interested in hardware upgrades it could be a good idea.

==================================
Sovereignty really does mean sovereignty
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-May-17 17:51:31
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

I've upgraded a MacBook Pro and a Mac Mini to SSD and increased the RAM. That probably counts as a hardware upgrade. Everything else works fine.

Sarah

--

Standard User TinyMongomery
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-May-17 18:07:24
Print Post

Increasingly, recent Macs are not upgradable. In many of them even a RAM upgrade is not possible.

How about the graphics card, a very common upgrade path on PCs?

==================================
Sovereignty really does mean sovereignty
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-May-17 18:59:42
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Maybe I should go Mac.
If you're not interested in hardware upgrades it could be a good idea.

Some of this machine is from 2011, main board, ram, case, psu, the CPU is couple of years old, but it is still an old model, video card is a couple of years old and so is the main HD. So it will be the board, CPU and memory that will be updated.

I must admit I like the idea of a Mac, but somethings turn me against it, price, Intel and lack of expandability or replacing something if it goes belly up.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to