I'm having a mental blackout
. I have always found it difficult since upgrading from 8.1 to 10 to find the actual update version of it that I'm on, and right now failing miserably. I suspect from when I clicked for a new tab in IE11 that I got the Creators update last night, as instead of getting my usual "new tab" screen that I have set to the one that holds an array of frequently used I got a Microsft Advertising one with loads of junk and a warning that continuing without changing settings would authorise an avalanche of MS ads from thereon in.
So I followed the link and turned them off, then went to settings and reset that, then restarted as instructed.
Last night the machine had been running dreadfully slow for hours for no apparent reason. When I went to turn it off it offered the common Update and restart or Update and turn off, which I took. It went to the "Preparing to update" screen as usual.
About 5 minutes later I came back and it had shut down. I was surprised as I though it may be this upgrade which I would expect to take longer.
Started it up this morning and as I normally do waited till I could log on, then left it to complete the start-up procedures which don't start till then. Probably 20 minutes later all seemed normal till I clicked this New Tab.
I suspect the slow running and constant fan running was a background installation of Creators.
So I want to see if I'm on 1607 as before or 1703.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk.
Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63086/13719Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4
Edited by RobertoS (Thu 11-May-17 11:59:03)