Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 29-May-17 19:44:37
Print Post

Move SMS messages from 'dumb' phone to Messenger on Android

[link to this post]

I've just gone to an Android phone from my old Nokia dumb phone.I ported the number so the old phone hasn't got a working SIM (unless I borrow my wife's wink). I exported the contents of the phone into CSV files beforehand.

No unduly worried about the contacts, they're all in MSO Outlook and Google Contacts. I would like to be able to get the 20 or so messages that I have from the old phone into Messenger on the Android phone.

Any thoughts?

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 Pro on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User David_W
(knowledge is power) Tue 30-May-17 09:57:04
Print Post

Re: Move SMS messages from 'dumb' phone to Messenger on Andr

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

The easiest - and possibly only - way to do this will be to move the messages to a SIM on your old phone, insert the SIM into your new phone and copy the messages to the internal memory. The SIM you use does not need to be active on a network, so long as it physically fits in both phones and does not give you problems with any network locks.

If the two phones have different size SIMs, you can get inexpensive adaptors allowing you to insert a small SIM in a phone that takes a larger SIM.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2 with native IPv6
thinkbroadband speed test : speedtest.net : thinkbroadband quality monitor IPv4 IPv6
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-May-17 10:01:32
Print Post

Re: Move SMS messages from 'dumb' phone to Messenger on Andr

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Thanks, I wondered about this. Old phone takes standard SIM, new one nano.

in the end I just borrowed my wife's SIM, put it my old phone and sent the 20 or so SMS messages to my phone. The just show up as a single conversation but that's adequate.

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 Pro on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to