Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User smiffy12
(experienced) Tue 13-Jun-17 13:54:00
Print Post

Windows 10, Works 9, Office 2016

[link to this post]

Hello, I've just installed my last machine with W10 creators edition having updated from 7. I'm also running Office 2016 H&B edition.

Having cleared everything using a system files clean up and sfc /scannow, I now have no way of going back, but also now have an issue that I should have forseen but didn't. My problem is I've a lot of works 9 files (word processor and spreadsheet) and no way of opening them as office 2016 just opens up as gobbledegook and Works won't install on Windows 10. Can anyone offer any help as to the best way of making the Works files usable with Office 2016 please? I've done a Google search and worried that each site I've visited starts looking to install other things and also ESET flags sites as potentially dangerous. I hope somebody here can help me, I'd be really grateful.

Thank you in advance for any and all............
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 13-Jun-17 15:43:43
Print Post

Re: Windows 10, Works 9, Office 2016

[re: smiffy12] [link to this post]

Have you tried using Libre office to show works documents and then save them in a format Office will understand? Libre office can open a lot of formats, and I did see something about works. Worth a try.

Are these documents spreadsheet or text?

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User wood49
(regular) Tue 13-Jun-17 20:44:15
Print Post

Doesn't this work https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001017.htm

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 13-Jun-17 21:15:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by smiffy12:
Hello, I've just installed my last machine with W10 creators edition having updated from 7. I'm also running Office 2016 H&B edition.

Having cleared everything using a system files clean up and sfc /scannow, I now have no way of going back, but also now have an issue that I should have forseen but didn't. My problem is I've a lot of works 9 files (word processor and spreadsheet) and no way of opening them as office 2016 just opens up as gobbledegook and Works won't install on Windows 10. Can anyone offer any help as to the best way of making the Works files usable with Office 2016 please? I've done a Google search and worried that each site I've visited starts looking to install other things and also ESET flags sites as potentially dangerous. I hope somebody here can help me, I'd be really grateful.

Thank you in advance for any and all............

Is this no good?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.asp...

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Jun-17 08:24:58
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

Looks like it only supports Office 2003 or 2007.
Standard User rogerfp
(committed) Fri 16-Jun-17 12:13:46
Print Post

Works 9 installs just fine on Windows 10 64bit Enterprise with no errors. I've just tried it.
Is there an error message when you try to install it??
Have you tried running the Works setup.exe in Windows XP compatability mode and/or as the administrator?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Jun-17 00:08:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by smiffy12:
Works won't install on Windows 10.
Really? I've had no trouble running Works 7 on Win 10 Creator Ed. & all OS since XP smile.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to