Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Jul-17 20:59:42
Print Post

Windows 10 'Big Update' issue?

[link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
Having serious problems with booting W10 after the big update the other night. Which is the best forum here for advice? I think it's the hardware (SSHD) that's gone TBH, but advice on forcing windows to help prove it, is probably what I'm really after.
I've taken the liberty of replying to this here.

I'd be interested in the outcome of this problem, I also have a SSD and will shortly be enjoying... the Creator's Update.

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 Pro on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 10-Jul-17 20:26:04
Print Post

Re: Windows 10 'Big Update' issue?

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

The Creators Update happened this morning. No problems - apart from much use of the kettle during the download and update. All went well and is working just fine.

Just had ot spend 5-10 minutes tidying the Classic Shell menus.

So, pleased to say, no problems found, printer works, scanner works, webcam works.

All as it should be.

In a week or so i'll probably open my laptop to the upgrade.

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 Pro on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Jul-17 10:25:15
Print Post

I clean installed it on my machine, I did do an update from Windows 8.1 or tried to, but the computer would not stay stable enough. I keep getting memory management error on windows 8.1 for some reason.

i have to admit that creator edition works ok on here, all my hardware works, I did have a small problem with the scanner again, but I got that problem with Windows 8.1 as well.

My one problem where hard is concerned is that windows 10 likes to think it knows better than me with drivers and will update drivers I do not want it to update. It can be turned off, but it is all or nothing, in other words, it will update all your drivers or none.

I do not like windows 10 to be honest, I would prefer to go back to Windows 8.1, I noticed you have got rid of the windows 10 start menu, I do not blame you it is awful, I use start is back, but then I got that for windows 8, so I carry on using it on windows 10.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 10 pro, reluctantly, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User captain666
(member) Tue 11-Jul-17 17:47:40
Print Post

I installed the creators update on 2 x desktop, 1 x laptop and 1 x tablet on the first day of it being generally available (forced update). No issues since the install - this is even with the 2 x desktops being over 10 years old (laptop 6 years - tablet new). I'm not sure if some of the issues people get are due to the newer pc's not being through a thorough enough testing (i.e. mines are old enough that a lot of people will have the same CPU, motherboards, hard disks etc)
  Print Thread

Jump to