Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User samulam
(committed) Mon 10-Jul-17 21:13:21
Print Post

emails received on my phone but not laptop.

[link to this post]

Hi, emails which I receive on my mobile phone will not be received on my laptop or desktop, both with win 10 . I use win mail. I cannot access an option in mails settings which gives me the option to keep a copy for a long period/never. The current option on the settings is to download " based on usage". There are other options, but none seem to give the right solution.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Jul-17 08:56:26
Print Post

Re: emails received on my phone but not laptop.

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

Do you have your email application set for imap or ipop ? Changing this setting allows me to receive my mail to multiple devices.

Standard User samulam
(committed) Tue 11-Jul-17 09:42:53
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

My win mail is set as pop. I used to have windows live mail before EE stopped their email service and I opted to gmail. I had no problems before,receiving the same emails on my mobile and laptop, till now. I cannot access the option in settings which gives me the choice to leave email copy on the server for a month, which allows a device accessing the server to have a copy.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User samulam
(committed) Tue 11-Jul-17 09:55:39
Print Post

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

Hi, I have found a partial solution ( not ideal). If I choose the option "synch this view" on the inbox, the laptop/desktop will receive the emails which were sent to the mobile phone.
  Print Thread

Jump to