Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User smiffy12
(experienced) Thu 27-Jul-17 10:54:25
Print Post

Outlook and Sharing Address / Contacts

[link to this post]

Hello, I've Googled this and TBH, I'm bamboozled totally.

I've three machines at home. I also use a Synology NAS for sharing data between them with a passworded folder on the NAS which then has the users folders on each machine mapped to it (Documents, pictures, music, etc) are mapped to from each computer.

I have Office 365 installed on the three machines. Each can access the mail boxes via IMAP and this works fine for emails on each machine, but the problem is the Outlook contacts. This isn't synchronised or shared. I wondered if mapping the contacts folder to the NAS would do it, but then I read that it wouldn't and so on. Is there a way I can do this? As I said, I've Googled and now bamboozled. Hopefully there's an answer to it. Thank you for any help.

EDIT: I should have added that each machine is running W7 Pro 64

Edited by smiffy12 (Thu 27-Jul-17 10:55:29)

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Thu 27-Jul-17 13:19:44
Print Post

Re: Outlook and Sharing Address / Contacts

[re: smiffy12] [link to this post]

It looks as if a 3rd party tool is the way to go. If nothing else, you could get a trial, sync at least for that trial, and it might be better than current situation.

Options here (and comments below) - https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync-outlook/synch...
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 28-Jul-17 01:54:30
Print Post

Dunno about Outlook 365 but earlier Outlooks had no separate Contacts folder. They stored them in the .PST file along with the emails.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 28-Jul-17 13:01:08
Print Post

If you sign up for an Outlook.com account and add it to Outlook it should synch your contacts with it. Every device you add the account to should then share the contacts stored in the cloud.

Oliver.
  Print Thread

Jump to