Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User granfour
(learned) Wed 02-Aug-17 11:57:52
Print Post

Microsoft Edge

[link to this post]

Not sure if this query has ben posted before. I tried Edge for a short while a few weeks ago and didn't like it. I have decided to give it a second try and now for some unknown reason have come to like it except for one thing: no Menu Bar. Microsoft seems to be turning a deaf ear to pleas for the return of the Menu Bar. Is this likely to happen anytime soon?
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 02-Aug-17 12:08:18
Print Post

Re: Microsoft Edge

[re: granfour] [link to this post]

Perhaps?

How about workaround this with "show Favorites bar"? You can click ... - settings and choose On under "Show the favorites bar".

When you adding a favorite site, choose Favorite Bar as "Save location".

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d5...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Aug-17 14:02:37
Print Post

Re: Microsoft Edge

[re: granfour] [link to this post]

I'm trying it for my weekday stock exchange and currency monitors but little else. I find it very clumsy, particularly wrt setting up the Home page(s) list.

I have found you can print a page by right-clicking on it, which gives a first-page view and the printer settings menu, but that's all. I haven't needed to save anything using it yet.

Chrome is creeping up my list, but I still much prefer IE. Firefox I dislike and distrust. Far to frequent updates and meddling from developers.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 71288/12440Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to