Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User longedge
(committed) Sat 02-Dec-17 14:08:56
Print Post

Taskbar problems.

[link to this post]

I think the problem stems from a recent update. For some reason my taskbar was not auto hiding each time I booted my PC and for a few days I gave it the 3 finger salute and simply restarted Windows Explorer. I've now dropped a .bat file into my startup folder to do it for me. It works but I hate not knowing what the problem was or what the 'proper' solution is.

Has anybody else had this recently (I know it's been happening for years). I'm running Win 10 home edition Ver.1709 Build 16299.64.

Standard User dwg1
(newbie) Sat 02-Dec-17 18:32:53
Print Post

Re: Taskbar problems.

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

Could be due to a recent application install. Unticking and ticking auto hide, should cure it. If it doesn't and you don't have the time and/or patience of getting to the root cause of the problem, a simple system restore resolves most problems. Hope this helps smile
Standard User longedge
(committed) Sat 02-Dec-17 18:46:34
Print Post

[re: dwg1] [link to this post]

I tried unticking auto hide and re-booted then re-enabled it but that didn't have any effect.

I was just about to say that I hadn't installed any apps recently but that jogged my memory. I have recently bought and installed an Intuos Pro tablet. This is a real dohhh... moment - can't think why it hadn't dawned on me until now!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(experienced) Sun 03-Dec-17 12:13:13
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

Try uninstalling updates that were installed around the time this occured. That may fix it. Obviously, it's not the best fix, but maybe if you then reinstall the update(s), it may not occur again.

William Grimsley.
Standard User longedge
(committed) Sun 03-Dec-17 19:59:05
Print Post

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

Thanks but I'm pretty sure now it was down to my installing the graphics tablet. As I've found a workaround and the tablet is working perfectly, I'll leave things as they are now. I have however in the meantime enquired with Wacom whether this is a known 'problem'.

Print Thread

Jump to