Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Sep-18 15:40:01
Print Post

Re: cannot print emails in windows 10

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Gmail could be accessed via a browser, Windows Mail or via Outlook (which on many machines is installed as a trial version or may even have included free use for a year if it was a new purchase). However, the OP did talk about pressing the 3 dots in the upper right corner - that suggests it isn't Outlook but could be Windows Mail, Edge or even Google Chrome as all have 3 dots in the upper right.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Sep-18 15:51:52
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

I find it unlikely someone would confuse Gmail in a web browser with the Outlook client or Mail app client but anything is possible I suppose.

Oliver.
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Sep-18 15:55:05
Print Post

MS really should have had more sense and avoided having two products with the same name. It was always going to be a recipe for confusion and misunderstanding.

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Sep-18 15:59:15
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Absolutely! Naming conventions can be hard enough for non techies to understand as it is without giving two distinct products the same name.

Oliver.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Sep-18 18:00:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
They're talking about a Gmail account.
Yes, in the context of Outlook. Outlook Webmail has the capability of syphoning in other email a/c's as well has having the '...' menu containing "Print" to boot as well as those aforementioned suspects. Gmail Webmail itself does not have a '...' menu containing "Print". So it can't be that.

The "highlight the email" before printing suggests the use of an webmail client rather than making use of the functionality of a browser.

Let's face it, none of us know what programs/apps/websites the OP is referring to. We are just guessing until the OP cares to enlighten us.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Fri 14-Sep-18 18:57:10)

Standard User dwg1
(learned) Fri 14-Sep-18 18:41:47
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I think if it were me, I would try a different Web browser. Failing that maybe re-install the printer driver, or restore to a known working date....
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to