Technical Discussion
  >> Windows Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User burble
(member) Wed 14-Nov-18 19:40:38
Print Post

Windows 10 update?

[link to this post]

Fired up the laptop earlier this evening, folded it shut which puts it to sleep whilst having my dinner, opened it up again and it seemed that it didn't want to fire up, pressed the power button and it part way fired up then stalled with message (along lines of) "Windows needs to restart as an error was detected", so rebooted laptop, went away from desk, when I returned it was doing a bios firmware update which was followed by a software update. I guess this was something to do with solving the problems with November update, but I've never had an automatic firmware update before, quite worrying when you suddenly have to start thinking about if everything was backed up.
Standard User TinyMongomery
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Nov-18 19:52:53
Print Post

Re: Windows 10 update?

[re: burble] [link to this post]

I very much doubt that a BIOS update is anything to do with Microsoft (unless it's one of their Surface range). It's not by any chance an HP?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.
Standard User burble
(member) Wed 14-Nov-18 21:16:02
Print Post

Re: Windows 10 update?

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

No, it's a Dell ultrabook, I know there where problems with some models with the November update, and I also know some have had problems with drivers, MS have put in code which detects conflicts, it occurs to me that if it is kosher then Dell have a bios update.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to