User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User berek99
(learned) Sat 25-Jul-09 18:26:10
Print Post

Any experience of Kijoma?

[link to this post]

Anyone had any experience of using Kijoma for wireless broadband?

I'm in West Sussex and their speeds look a lot better than I'm getting at the moment through my landline.

I've tried emailng them twice now to ask for more information without getting a reply, and I'm wondering if it's worth persuing further - at the moment I'm thinking that if they can't be bothered to even reply to a prospective customer then maybe I should just steer clear.
Standard User kijoma
(regular) Mon 27-Jul-09 11:02:24
Print Post

Re: Any experience of Kijoma?

[re: berek99] [link to this post]

Hi,

Sorry if you have been trying to contact us, Due to the high demand for our service there have been delays in responding to new enquiries in recent months.

If you email support@kijoma.net and advise them of when you enquired so they can identify it on the enquiries job sheet, then we can advise when we can deal with your enquiry.

I personally apologise if you feel we are ignoring you or feel we do not wish to have your custom. We are merely very busy and working 6-7 day weeks at present to keep up with demand for our service.

We would be interested to hear from other customers on the TB forums too, the problem is people tend to come on forums to complain, not say how good their service with a provider is etc..

I am off out now to satisfy more demand so will not be able to respond to any posts on here until later today.

Cheers

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband - (Division of Kijoma Solutions Ltd)
High Speed Wireless broadband ISP
The UK's top rated Wireless ISP 2005 - 2008 - ISP Review
Top 5 finalist in best UK wireless ISP - ISPA's 2008
Members of the Internet Service Providers association (www.ISPA.org.uk)
http://www.kijoma.net
Standard User Arcticpollen
(newbie) Mon 27-Jul-09 14:15:34
Print Post

[re: kijoma] [link to this post]

Hi Bill - thanks for responding to the previous post and for the advice to mail the support address so you can chase up the enquiries.

I have taken the liberty of doing so! I look forward to hearing from you either on this thread or via the mail I have sent to your support mailbox.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User berek99
(learned) Tue 28-Jul-09 22:02:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by kijoma:
If you email support@kijoma.net and advise them of when you enquired so they can identify it on the enquiries job sheet, then we can advise when we can deal with your enquiry.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for replying. I have to say that I'm still a little concerned about getting a response from you to my original enquiry. I've already sent two emails, and then posted here, and now you're asking me to send yet another email, just to be informed as to when you can deal with my enquiry.

I appreciate that you're very busy, but this doesn't fill me with confidence that if I went with Kijoma, especially since it's a 6 month contract, that I would get decent and rapid support if I needed it.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but my current ISP does give me very good response to any emails I send, and I would like to think that I can expect that level of service elsewhere.

Thanks.
Standard User kijoma
(regular) Wed 29-Jul-09 00:39:15
Print Post

Hi,

We prioritise our work such that existing customer support comes first, new enquiries come next.. This is why there is a waiting list for new enquiries and we ask that they be patient while we get through this list in order to get to them..

Our system requires very little support and support calls and enquiries are very infrequent and usually relate to problems with customer PC's or national grid power issues which crash computers or expire switching power units etc.. ( power cuts/brownouts in rural areas are particularly prevalent.). There have been a lot of particularly messy grid power failures recently which have raised a few support calls so new installs take a back seat until these are resolved.

In response to your first post again , We have no email that matches what was requested and we do not know who you are?

If you could help us identify who Berek99 is then this would reduce the time wasted trying to find your enquiry amongst the many we get each day..

I appreciate your concerns and am also aware that a few people are unwilling to be patient and expect instant or near instant results. These are a minority but ultimately it is their choice if they wish not to wait.

thanks

In reply to a post by berek99:
Hi Bill,

Thanks for replying. I have to say that I'm still a little concerned about getting a response from you to my original enquiry. I've already sent two emails, and then posted here, and now you're asking me to send yet another email, just to be informed as to when you can deal with my enquiry.

I appreciate that you're very busy, but this doesn't fill me with confidence that if I went with Kijoma, especially since it's a 6 month contract, that I would get decent and rapid support if I needed it.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but my current ISP does give me very good response to any emails I send, and I would like to think that I can expect that level of service elsewhere.

Thanks.

Bill Lewis - MD
Standard User Arcticpollen
(newbie) Wed 29-Jul-09 09:52:07
Print Post

Hi Bill - did you have any luck tracking down my mail sent on Monday around 14.15?

I sympathise entirely that you have to prioritise existing customers over new business - my own company is in the IT game and it is a constant balancing act where limited resources are available to service demand for innovative solutions.

I am quite happy to be patient but some idea of timescales would be very helpful!

Edited by Arcticpollen (Wed 29-Jul-09 10:02:56)

Standard User berek99
(learned) Wed 29-Jul-09 13:29:07
Print Post

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. Re your giving priority to existing customers, that's the way it should be, and it allays my worries about getting good support - thank you.

I'll send another email and hopefully that will get through ok.

I'm quite happy to wait for a reply now that I know I'm not just being ignored, but it would be useful if you can give me some idea of how long it's likely to be before you can respond.

Thanks.
Standard User Windfreak
(newbie) Sat 15-Aug-09 10:03:11
Print Post

Hi you guys - did you ever get anywhere with Kijoma? As an ex customer myself, I can understand the frustration of dealing with Bill.

He seems to have time to spare to post in other threads on this forum and others around the net but getting anything sorted with his wireless business in the south takes an age.
Standard User kijoma
(regular) Tue 18-Aug-09 00:32:27
Print Post

[re: Windfreak] [link to this post]

hi,

"as an ex customer" ? , we do not have many of those, could you enlighten me as to who you are? . you are new to the forum here and this is your first post so i am extra curious..

I rarely post on forums as despite your inference, we are getting an awful lot sorted with our wireless business, that is oddly enough why we are busy and there are delays in some areas, especially those that need work to cover..

I can only assume you are an ex customer because you have moved, hence the reference to "the south" ??.

Bill Lewis - MD
Standard User jjrobb
(newbie) Sat 12-Sep-09 23:19:03
Print Post

Dear All,

I'd like to share my experience of Kijoma as I have just moved house from an area with average broadband coverage (around 4M download adsl synch speed and using a good ISP - NewNet) to an area where the BT line checker said I would get around 256K-512K possibly needing a BT engineer's visit.

Arranging Installation:
I emailed Kijoma 4 weeks before moving house and asked to have the survey (and installation) done the day after moving in. It took just over a week to get a reply, but they confirmed my date straight away as requested.

Survey & Installation:
This part of Kijoma's service was exceptional. I was expecting the usual "bung up an aerial and plug it in as quickly as possible" sort of service that you might expect from a satellite TV company. In contrast, the installer spent almost an hour testing various locations around the outside of the house with various different sized aerials. My house is Grade II listed and he wanted to achieve the best signal strength without sticking up an eyesore of an aerial. He even went to the length of spraying the aerial black to blend in with the stove chimney!
The installation took a further two to three hours including running the network cable from the aerial to a Cat 5 network socket in the house, plus configuring my router to use the aerial as the internet gateway. Installations are done on a fixed cost basis but apparently most are done in about two hours.

Results:
My download speeds are now around 8M and upload around 1.5M with a ping to the local server of around 25ms (http://www.speedtest.net/). I am on the Business Standard tariff (£23/month plus VAT), which is offset by the fact that I now do not have a BT line to the house (saving £11/month line rental) as I use VOIP for my phone calls. VOIP works incredibly well (I was very sceptical that the quality would be acceptable) and you can even get a local telephone number for free (www.sipgate.co.uk). Another useful feature is that it can forward my answerphone messages to my email as a 'wav' file, or divert the call to another number.

So would I recommend Kijoma? If you are in a broadband 'not spot' or are fed up with your flaky and slow connection, then absolutely 100% without hesitation. Just bear in mind that their coverage is fairly limited (West Sussex mainly) and you have to be in reasonable 'line of sight' to one of their aerials (trees are a problem for the signal). Rain and wind (I speak from experience with last week's stormy weather) seem to have little effect on the signal.

The only thing that could have been improved was the speed of reply to my new installation query. However, since the installation was completed I've had no need to contact them as it just works...brilliantly.

(I have no connection with Kijoma other than being an extremely satisfied customer)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to