User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 04-Jan-12 14:43:21
Print Post

Northwest Electronics

[link to this post]

It seems like this crowd has been the one who has won the tender to provide WiMAX services throughout Northern Ireland. They haven't went live here yet (apparently March 2012 before that'll happen). I'm just wondering if anyone else is already live with this WISP and what the service appears to be like with them.

Is it actually as fast as they say it is? Are there any data caps that they don't make you aware of? What's latency like?

Any information provided would me most grateful.

Thank you. smile
Standard User ConorMK
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Jan-12 13:04:28
Print Post

Re: Northwest Electronics

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

My family back in NI use this company for wireless broadband. They currently get about 12MB and the package is unlimited. Better than the 256kb connection they had on eclipse adsl.

Conor

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation
BQM
Standard User gernet40
(newbie) Tue 31-Jan-12 11:04:50
Print Post

The last comment on the article on the thinkbroadband website about North West Electronics winning this contract (from a current customer of North West Electronics), said:

Well I use northwest electronics for my connection, and its suppose to be up to 50mb, Its never been anymore than 2mb, not even in the middle of the night. And as for their customer services, absolutely atrocious

This comment was 3 months ago, so not sure if the service for this customer has improved since this post.

I have sent North West Electronics a few queries via email and they have been slow to respond, over a week for my first query and they only responded after I followed it up myself.

I would also be interested to hear from any current customers about the service.

Thanks

Edited by gernet40 (Tue 31-Jan-12 12:35:41)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 31-Jan-12 19:00:10
Print Post

[re: gernet40] [link to this post]

I did see that comment. However, when I emailed them I received a response within a few hours.

However, calling them is a different matter. Unfortunately I keep getting the network busy tone when calling them. I think that means their phone lines are full and can't handle any more calls. Hopefully they'll get to fixing that up soon.

I've been trying them every so often to see if they have any updates for the service going live here, but they still are just telling me "before the end of March", which seems to be their deadline. Not sure whether to be happy that they're still on target, or worried that they can't be a bit more specific in regards to when I'll actually get it.
Standard User amjf
(newbie) Thu 03-May-12 08:45:34
Print Post

Re: Northwest Electronics *DELETED*

Post deleted by seb
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-May-12 18:51:37
Print Post

[re: amjf] [link to this post]

Blatant advertising!

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User jtthedevil
(newbie) Thu 03-May-12 19:18:43
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

How is this advertising, other than which company not to use, two actually if you include NWE.
I'm in the same position, poor broadband just outside of Antrim. I rang the company and spoke to someone in sales. He told me it might be able to be available in my area and just to print off a form from the website and send it in. Unfortunely, when you sign it you are commiting to a minimum 12 months, without knowing if you can get the service, or what speeds will be achieveable.
A friend also contacted them about ordering it about 2 months ago and is still waiting to hear something. Looks like a great product on paper and really cheap for what it is, but if they can't even sell you the thing in an organised way, it doesn't inspire you for when you have technical issues. Hoping they get their act together and its not just a one man band making off with the taxpayers money. A map, or list of where the masts are would be helpful, then people would know if they have line of sight and if the service is available to them. At the minute i'm wondering, do I send in my form and hope that in 2 months time someone may get back to me and tell me if I can or cannot get the service!
Standard User amjf
(newbie) Fri 04-May-12 07:53:23
Print Post

no idea who seb is - most likely has a small [censored]
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 04-May-12 08:45:18
Print Post

Hi have Northwest Electronics in Tyrone. my Package is 3mb down and 05.up

The speed has been running pretty well these past few weeks
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1931321652.png

but around Christmas it was around 1mb, due to all the kids off school etc I presume.

The other posts about the customer services are true, its terrible.

And they also give you a static ip, with seems to be from the Republic of Ireland, so some UK sites dont' work, for example, National Lottery, ITV Player.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 04-May-12 12:43:37
Print Post

*facepalm*

Oh My!

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
Vivaciti Surfwise LLU - Finally free of the BTw crawl.

My Broadband Ping
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to