User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jtr866
(newbie) Mon 23-Apr-12 18:32:56
Print Post

vFast repeaters in the Maidstone Area

[link to this post]

Evening.

Can anyone please tell me if vFast have a repeater installed at Bluebell Hill?

I have been informed that they have a repeater in Maidstone town centre (if anyone could tell me what building it is on in the town that would also be a great help...) and at Detling Hill.

I have clear LOS to Bluebell hill from my premises, but Detling would be marginal due to the local herbage and Maidstone would depend on what building it is on. I would therefore be very happy for someone to confirm that there is a repeater bolted on to the Bluebell Hill masts.

Thanks in anticipation.

(By the way, I know I could call them to find this out, but I thought I'd see if I got an answer here first.)
Standard User vfast_tim
(newbie) Mon 23-Apr-12 19:05:56
Print Post

Re: vFast repeaters in the Maidstone Area

[re: jtr866] [link to this post]

Hi

The repeater in Maidstone is on a block of flats near the town centre, another at Detling and also one further along that same ridge towards Bluebell hill but not actually on the TV mast at Bluebell Hill.

If you send sales @ vfast .co .uk an e-mail with your address and we can check coverage.
(By the way, I know I could call them to find this out, but I thought I'd see if I got an answer here first.)
And we're still the first to reply! smile

Kind Regards,

Tim Higgs
Vfast internet | Technical Support
0845 121 1257 | support (at) vfast.co.uk | twitter: @vfast_net
Standard User jtr866
(newbie) Tue 24-Apr-12 10:51:03
Print Post

[re: vfast_tim] [link to this post]

Well thank you indeed for the swift response. I will be giving you a call in due course.

By the way, I would like to see a map of your repeater locations on your website, I think this would really help people to get a better picture of your coverage. I appreciate that you might not want to do this though for security/confidentiality etc but it's maybe something to consider!

Regards,
Tom

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vfast_tim
(newbie) Sat 28-Apr-12 12:15:35
Print Post

[re: jtr866] [link to this post]

Hi Tom

We do not wish to make the exact location of all repeater sites public. This simply isn't practical and poses a possible security risk. However we are in the process of putting together a coverage map for our web site, as well us updating the website.

I do still hope to get our coverage on thinkbroadband's coverage maps (maps.thinkbroadband.com) however I suspect this will involve a lot of work individually selecting/de-selecting tens of thousands of post codes in the Kent area.

Regards,

Tim Higgs
Vfast internet | Technical Support
0845 121 1257 | support (at) vfast.co.uk | twitter: @vfast_net
  Print Thread

Jump to