User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User slimj
(member) Mon 27-Aug-12 20:40:09
Print Post

VFast - New Packages to be announced

[link to this post]

For those that may miss the news piece. smile
-----------------------------------------
We have been working very hard behind the scenes recently to both increase coverage and also increase backhaul to key repeater sites. We will soon be in a position to announce our new range of Superfast Broadband packages, and also our new increased coverage. New packages will be based on a usage model and customers will be able to subscribe to speeds upto 60Mbit. The fine details are yet to be finalised but we will publish them here as soon as possible. Customers on existing packages are not required to change.

Regards

The Vfast Team

Link to article.

VFast Wireless Broadband.
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Tue 28-Aug-12 01:19:13
Print Post

Re: VFast - New Packages to be announced

[re: slimj] [link to this post]

I take a peak now and then.

Interested to see what is coming.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 31-Aug-12 04:33:14
Print Post

Good news, what do they mean by new packages will be based on a usage model ? hopefully the top tier is unlimited especially if they're going to be charging more for the 60MBit service.

I'll definitely upgrade if it's £50 or under a month.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gmc1
(learned) Fri 31-Aug-12 09:15:45
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I would also be interested but only if NNTP runs at a decent speed all the time and not just during the night.

Edited by gmc1 (Fri 31-Aug-12 11:19:35)

Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Fri 31-Aug-12 09:23:01
Print Post

Be interesting to see what the new usage based packages look like.
I really want the increased upload speed that vfast can provide over ADSL2+ but last time I inquired my usage was way outside what was considered to be acceptable for your current service, around 250 to 300GB.

Just hope your new usage levels will go up that high!
Standard User gmc1
(learned) Fri 31-Aug-12 11:28:51
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

My ideal package would be about 50Mb download, unlimited with no NNTP restrictions.

Although I am on the VMAX package, I do download a lot and am always wary of doing too much.

I would be happy to pay more for a better service.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 31-Aug-12 22:08:42
Print Post

[re: gmc1] [link to this post]

Yeah Ideally those of us who are download/upload hungry users like myself it'll be recommended to upgrade to lets say 50-60MB service I believe they're pretty much unlimited I don't notice a reduction in my speed but I do my best to download at the times recommended to me.

If they've got 30MB-60MB speeds to play with they're most likely introducing two more top tier packages. I just hope it isn't too costly. And I also hope there's an upload speed increase as well for this new package perhaps 60MB download and 20/25 upload. I'd be willing to pay close to £60 for that perhaps many won't but I would be.
Standard User brettjallen
(newbie) Sat 01-Sep-12 08:10:55
Print Post

I would like to see a scheme where you get an allowance for peak and off peak usage. So something like 50GB peak usage with unlimited off peak might tempt me. I do prefer to know where I stand with usage rather than unlimited with fup.

Price wise I'm not too sure if I would want to pay more than the £37 a month I'm already paying to be honest. They should look to mirror Adsl24 FTTC rates.

Guess I'm trying to say I find 20Mb more than adequate for most tasks and wouldn't be interesting in paying much more for extra bandwidth.

Good luck to them anyway I think they offer a superb service to people who cannot get FTTC.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 01-Sep-12 11:20:03
Print Post

[re: brettjallen] [link to this post]

50GB peak usage would be eaten up by PC gamers like myself, the downloading + all the online activity although it'd no doubt be fine for most customers. I think the upgraded service is probably targeting the ever hungry downloader/uploader and game like myself.

Less latency/higher bandwidth is a huge win/win especially when they have 0 competition as far as I'm concerned. Now I don't want to pay more than £37 but it's looking obvious that we'll have to if we want the improved service. As it states no change in service for current customers.

Under £49.99 I'm banking on at the moment but we shall see, I'd say that's more than worth it for £60 down especially if you need it. I'm just thinking of all the time saved on steam downloads. And 2K/4K Video content I'll be uploading (if upload gets a boost as well)
Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Sun 02-Sep-12 09:59:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I'd be willing to pay close to £60 for that perhaps many won't but I would be.

I'd agree with that for the usage I need on a high quality, low latency network.
Would also want to see some clarity on what if any traffic shaping they apply.

I'd guess the issue for vfast might be the wireless bandwidth available through each repeater if the usage levels start to climb rapidly rather than the cost or provision of the back haul?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to