User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User darrenorbital
(learned) Fri 14-Sep-12 22:38:46
Print Post

Re: VFast - New Packages to be announced

[re: kijoma] [link to this post]

This is very interesting as it seems the minister does not share the same view on Wireless broadband as many county councils and BDUK. He states that Superfast Broadband is technology neutral.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetin...

Regards
Darren
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Sat 22-Sep-12 13:16:40
Print Post

[re: slimj] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by slimj:
Thanks for the update Darren, looking forward to seeing what packages you will be offering shortly. I shall fire off an email to support next month as I have a couple of questions.

Cheers

Just read the news about Quickline Communications on the front page and the small note of ThinkBroadband reporting about Barham in 2010 and the VMax package being upgraded to 50mb.

I guess the new packages are a little bit late then - still if you need any service testing then I would like to volunteer.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 24-Sep-12 20:34:13
Print Post

[re: darrenorbital] [link to this post]

http://speedtest.net/result/2200150736.png

frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(learned) Mon 24-Sep-12 20:38:05
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Ok who are you so we can look into your speeds please ?
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Mon 24-Sep-12 22:21:03
Print Post

Hi Darren.

Don't know who the Anonymous poster is but I have sent you a pm with a run of Speedtests for tonight and back in June (at least for the same IP).

It's pretty much variable to say the least.

vFast Ltd
Standard User ModemMan
(regular) Tue 25-Sep-12 15:03:21
Print Post

Hi fellow vFasters

Interesting stuff, I signed up with vFast at the end of 2010 and was absolutely blown away by the speeds, was managing to get over 60mb down and 30mb up. Admittedly I'm under half a mile away from the Ash repeater and almost line of sight which must help. All this and I was only on the vHome package so I was a really happy bunny. I guess I must have been on some special high speed trial because unfortunately over the last few months the speeds have decreased, they seemed to go down to vPro speeds and now I'm only getting what I pay for. The problem is you get used to the higher speeds and it's really hard to accept a measly 15Mbps/2Mbps especially when things like iPlayer start buffering. I'm not a high volume user and don't do massive downloads so I think it would be only right for vFast to put me on to these higher speeds ASAP free of charge as a sort of compensation.

Cheers John
(tongue firmly in cheek)
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Tue 25-Sep-12 17:39:18
Print Post

[re: ModemMan] [link to this post]

Hi ModemMan, welcome to the forum (checks profile and see's that you're a long time lurker rather than poster).

I had a similar bonus a while back when I was trialling the higher speeds from the Dunkirk mast. I can't remember the upper limit but it was certainly higher than the VMax 24mb/10mb package I am on now.

I only noticed after I uploaded a lot of photos and videos to Flickr and it finished much sooner than I had expected. Speeds were set back to the fixed package a month or two later.

I reckon they are giving us a free hit to get us hooked wink smile

vFast Ltd
Standard User slimj
(member) Wed 26-Sep-12 10:35:36
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

Hi was the same in Thanet back n November 2010. Everything felt too fast! laugh

44mbit down / 32mbit up.

http://speedtest.net/result/1042675049.png

VFast Wireless Broadband.
My Broadband Speed Test
(learned) Wed 26-Sep-12 21:43:37
Print Post

[re: slimj] [link to this post]

As part of our research into network performance, we do sometimes open up customers connections for a month or two, this is to see how they perform and what effect it has on latency etc.....

\regards
Darren
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 03-Oct-12 04:07:53
Print Post

Any estimates on where the new service will be launching ? seeing as September has come and gone now.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to