User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Sun 07-Oct-12 15:36:40
Print Post

Re: VFast - New Packages to be announced

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Any estimates on where the new service will be launching ? seeing as September has come and gone now.

My guess is that they will be ready for the New Year but perhaps announced before Christmas.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 12-Oct-12 12:15:46
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Yaz:
In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Any estimates on where the new service will be launching ? seeing as September has come and gone now.

My guess is that they will be ready for the New Year but perhaps announced before Christmas.

Disappointing if only because I'm impatient. Well I hope they stick to the ambitious 60 meg projections while not costing too much more.
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Thu 25-Oct-12 21:25:55
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I'm hoping that there is some more news soon, even if it's to say that they have delayed things if there has been a need to do so.

vFast Ltd

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brettjallen
(newbie) Wed 12-Dec-12 22:08:17
Print Post

An update on packages from VFast website:

"We would also like to update that our new packages will be released over the Christmas Break, full details will be posted on our Website."
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Thu 13-Dec-12 22:56:42
Print Post

[re: brettjallen] [link to this post]

Evening Brett.

I did see that earlier today.

The rollout update is also good news.

Post in full:
We are very pleased to announce we are now installing Customers in Old Wives Lees from the new Next Generation repeater commissioned last week, testing completed today has show end users capable of downloading at around 50mbit. We are also very pleased to announce a brand new next generation network is now live in St Nicholas at Wade, this new high capacity network will run alongside the existing network until all customers are migrated, initial testing from customers installed today was very positive.

New areas announced for increased coverage Spring 2013
East Farleigh
West Farleigh
East Malling
Staplehurst
Marden
Wateringbury

We would also like to update that our new packages will be released over the Christmas Break, full details will be posted on our Website.

vFast Ltd
Standard User gmc1
(learned) Fri 08-Feb-13 12:03:56
Print Post

I wonder what happened to the announcement of the new packages that were due to be released over Christmas?
Standard User slimj
(member) Fri 08-Feb-13 13:34:08
Print Post

[re: gmc1] [link to this post]

Delay with the routers apparently (not sure if they're referring to end users routers but wouldn't see a reason why end users would need to change routers anyway?!?). If you 'like' them on Facebook you will see the posts in there. Some trial speedtest results showing speeds in excess of 50mbit.

Don't see a reason why they can't announce the packages for pre-order however, they must have been decided a while ago considering the announcement was made back in August.

VFast Wireless Broadband.
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User slimj
(member) Wed 27-Feb-13 11:52:42
Print Post

[re: gmc1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gmc1:
I wonder what happened to the announcement of the new packages that were due to be released over Christmas?

Looks like new packages are being rolled out now (from VFast on Twitter), if you're in St Nicholas anyway.

http://vfast.co.uk/stnicholas/

Packages look pretty good to me - some nice tasty speed increases. I'm guessing if you're on the VMax product already you'll see a reduction in your monthly bill?

Packages are as follows - Not including installation charges (FREE installation if on 24 month contract).

Airfibre Lite - Up to 50Mbps download / 1Mbps upload, 50:1 contention ratio - 5Gb Usage - £14.50*

Airfibre Home - Up to 50Mbps download / 1Mbps upload, 50:1 contention ratio - 10Gb Usage - £17.50*

Airfibre Max - Up to 50Mbps download / 2Mbps upload, 30:1 contention ratio - 100Gb Usage - £24.99*

Airfibre Ultimate - Up to 50Mbps download / 10Mbps upload, 20:1 contention ratio - Unlimited Usage - £29.99*

*Per month - includes £10 VLink rental charge (like a phone rental charge, but lower!).

Pretty sure the Airfibre Max package will suit 90% of users for £24.99 - Same as the current VHome package.

(Darren / Tim - please correct me if the details are incorrect smile )

Cheers
James

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by slimj (Wed 27-Feb-13 13:47:21)

Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Wed 27-Feb-13 12:41:58
Print Post

[re: slimj] [link to this post]

Well I'm pleasantly surprised at the unlimited pricing. Fully expected it to be more expensive than the existing package.

It will be interesting to see if the AUP has changed in any way. Currently this is 200GB I believe on max.
If not it would have been nice to have a higher usage option available at greater cost.

I see they have also made price comparisons to ADSL more comparable by breaking out a line rental amount.
Standard User slimj
(member) Wed 27-Feb-13 13:49:54
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

Same. I was expecting the costs to be higher, as in £35+ for the "Ultimate" service.

I updated the post above to be clearer about the pricing.

Hopefully the packages will be available in Thanet and elsewhere soon.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by slimj (Wed 27-Feb-13 13:50:31)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to