User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ModemMan
(regular) Tue 17-Dec-13 01:38:04
Print Post

Re: VFast - New Packages to be announced

[re: chall32] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chall32:
Question to vFast:

I'm interested in AirFibre Max product and know I'm in a good area for reception (Ashford with several neighbours that already have vFast connections), I would like to know what penalties there are should I go over the 100GB monthly usage figure....

I could not find anything related to this in the AUP PDF on your website.

Also, if I were to request a static IP, are there any additional costs involved? (Again, I saw something about static IP's being available but nothing about any costs etc)

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,
Here are the FUP details as in the T&C's on the the vfast site:-

Fair Usage Policy
All our packages are designed for normal residential use. This is defined as being bursty usage, i.e. not continuous and sustained downloading and/or uploading over a long period of time. Continuous downloading and/or uploading will quickly use up your usage allowance and once your usage allowance has been exceeded the service will be rate limited to 128kbps until either upgraded to the next package, additional usage allowance purchased at a £1/GB or the next months usage allowance starts.

Airfibre Lite = 5GB* per month, reduced to 128kbps once exceeded.
Airfiber Home = 10GB* per month, reduced to 128kbps once exceeded.
Airfibre Max = 100GB* per month, reduced to 128kbps once exceeded.
Airfibre Ultimate = 300GB* per month fair usage, service will continue as normal however an excessive usage warning will be sent by e-mail. If high usage continues then we reserve the right to temporarily rate limit the service to protect other customers and maintain a high level of service for the majoroity of our customers.

* Usage Allowance = Download + Upload.

Monthly usage allowances start on the 1st of each month at midnight.
Standard User chall32
(newbie) Tue 17-Dec-13 06:30:24
Print Post

[re: ModemMan] [link to this post]

Ouch!

OK thanks for the reply.

Think I'll wait for BT fibre which is due first quarter of 2014.
Standard User slimj
(member) Tue 17-Dec-13 09:08:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by ModemMan:
In reply to a post by vfast_tim:
Here's a speed test done by a customer in Eastry testing ~50Mbps:- http://www.speedtest.net/result/2712379481.png

Hi Tim
I'm in Woodnesborough (line of sight to the bunker at ash) and when I first joined Vfast (2011) I was consistently getting over 50Mbps and at best over 60Mbps
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1130610467.png
Unfortunately I don't get those speeds any more but I'm always willing if you want a candidate for testing the higher speeds smile

I see the new packages are now listed on the vfast site and it is a great shame they are all 24Mb I hoped at least one of the packages would be 50Mb so I could regain those old speeds (especially as the St Nicolas ones were all 50Mb)
Also no mention of contention ratio for any of the packages ?

Cheers
John

Hi John,

The VFast Facebook page is good to keep an eye on things, they generally respond. This was posted on their FB page in response to a customer with a similar query regarding faster speeds (October 12th 2013).

"Ok , we did intend in officially releasing 50mbit packages, the Valuations office who determine business rates approached us to inform us of rates that would be applicable on a per end user basis for superfast broadband connections. They have not yet determined how much they will charge bit have said they will backdate the unknown charge to 2010, superfast in the uk is over 24mbit, in the eu it is over 30mbit , this is the reason we did not yet release the 50mbit packages as we would be exposing ourselves to an unknown cost , it does however enable the government to provide Bt some level of protection and time to catch up with altnets."

I too was getting over 40mbit back in 2011 but now get around 20mbit - perfectly happy with those speeds but would be good to have 50mbit+ now like my fibred up buddies!! wink

Cheers
James

VFast Wireless Broadband.
My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gymnast
(newbie) Sun 20-Apr-14 12:27:45
Print Post

Hi, I am very interested in using vfast. BT as usual is doing nothing in my area, (fibre in 2018/19 - maybe!). Vfast say I am in the area of a mast and can meet 24m. My worry is latency, is mit a problem for speed?.. To be honest anything would be an advance, two tin cans and a piece of wet string would better my speeds, normally around 450k to 2m on BT. Any user comments on Vfast would be appreciated. Jon
Standard User gah789
(learned) Sun 20-Apr-14 17:33:10
Print Post

[re: gymnast] [link to this post]

I am not a Vfast customer but I use another wireless service. My latency is reported as 15-20 ms by the TBB speed test. In contrast my ADSL line (capped at 512 kbps due to an Exchange Activate exchange) has a latency of 50-55 ms.
Standard User slimj
(member) Tue 22-Apr-14 11:15:54
Print Post

[re: gymnast] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gymnast:
Hi, I am very interested in using vfast. BT as usual is doing nothing in my area, (fibre in 2018/19 - maybe!). Vfast say I am in the area of a mast and can meet 24m. My worry is latency, is mit a problem for speed?.. To be honest anything would be an advance, two tin cans and a piece of wet string would better my speeds, normally around 450k to 2m on BT. Any user comments on Vfast would be appreciated. Jon

Jon,

Where are you based? I normally get around 20-30Mb/s, my latency is generally below 20ms even during busy times. This is generally fine for streaming media like YouTube in HD or gaming. Still hoping that we will one day get the 50Mb/s packages promised but really I'm quite happy with current speeds.

Here are 2 of my recent speedtest results:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3403960074
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3424492657

You can also find Vfast on Twitter and Facebook offering social media updates.

Any other questions, please ask. smile

VFast Wireless Broadband.
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Tue 29-Apr-14 19:51:17
Print Post

[re: slimj] [link to this post]

I can vouch for the low pings.

Lowest has been ~9/10ms and average is normally sub 20ms.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s

Edited by Yaz (Tue 29-Apr-14 19:51:46)

Standard User Shempz
(learned) Thu 17-Jul-14 14:38:20
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

Hi all,

I get ridiculously low speeds where I live in TN3 9TT on BT/Plusnet. Is anyone able to confirm what speeds I am likely to get here if I start using vFast? I see their website mentions 24mb, but is that an "up to 24mb", and reality it may only be a few mb that I get?
Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Wed 23-Jul-14 19:49:45
Print Post

[re: Shempz] [link to this post]

Hi Shempz,

Best to contact vFast directly if you have any questions.

I would say that the connection speed should be as per the packages but the throughput may be less as per peak times etc. The important point is to have line of site to a mast/repeater to actually get a signal.

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s
Standard User Shempz
(learned) Fri 25-Jul-14 09:10:27
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

Cheers Yaz. I placed an order with vFast on the 18th....just waiting for a call back to give me a date for an engineer visit. Fingers crossed, I'm within vFast's boundaries!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to