User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User slimj
(member) Mon 13-Apr-15 16:02:51
Print Post

Re: VFast - New Packages to be announced

[re: V10Diesel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by V10Diesel:
[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/4284686384.png[/IMG]

Glad your speeds have been sorted. Mine have just gotten worse. Its funny how when they 'check my connection' speeds immediately jump up to 20 odd and then five mins after the phone call has ended the speed crashes again.

I have cancelled my contract and sent a letter to my mp for what it'll be worth.

Hi V10,

That's a shame. Did you have a usage cap? Your speedtest looks like the service was capped. I say that as your latency wasn't too bad - for me I'd find that my latency would go sky high (200ms+) when I was having problems.

Connection still feels generally ok, a little slow at times but latency is much improved so the connection feels much faster even at busier times.

I'm moving to a new address this week and am continuing with VFast for the forseeable future (installation next Monday - if line of sight allows), I'm in the same area but will be connected to a different transmitter. I'm keen to see if there's a difference in performance.
Standard User V10Diesel
(newbie) Tue 21-Apr-15 20:11:26
Print Post

[re: slimj] [link to this post]

I should clarify that my letter is about speeds in my area not specifically Vfast as they have provided (on the whole) a much faster service than what my neighbours achieve.

It can get extremely frustrating. For a decent connection I'd gladly pay 10k install costs as long as the on going monthly payment was sensible. It seems Vfast have increased their back haul recently so that should help keep the connection consistent.

Best of luck with your move and getting line of sight, hopefully you don't need a.mast wink
Standard User slimj
(member) Wed 22-Apr-15 13:41:26
Print Post

[re: V10Diesel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by V10Diesel:
Best of luck with your move and getting line of sight, hopefully you don't need a.mast wink

Cheers. I am all moved in now. Had VFast out to do a site survey but unfortunately they couldn't get a good enough signal from my chimney! There are a fair few trees around the house so I thought this may be the case unless they could get high enough up from the chimney to clear some trees.

I have another option for an install at the bottom of the garden with no trees blocking LOS to another transmitter, but the engineers didn't have the equipment to get the antenna up high enough to clear a hedge to check (even though I originally suggested this would be an option). I'm now awaiting another survey date to check this as it's now a non-standard install.

Hopefully it won't be too long and this will be successful as I'm keen to remain with VFast as the future looks promising. Otherwise I'll be lumped with DSL speeds of 2-3mbit until FTTC is enabled (shortly) but even then we're over 1.5km from the cabinet so speeds are not going to be that great! frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Yaz
(experienced) Wed 22-Apr-15 20:39:17
Print Post

Time to get out the chain saw laugh

vFast Ltd
Downstream ~24336.33 kbit/s - ~2970.74 KB/s
Upstream ~10224.86 kbit/s - ~1248.15 KB/s
Standard User slimj
(member) Fri 24-Apr-15 15:14:04
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Yaz:
Time to get out the chain saw laugh

Either that or a longer pole. laugh

Still waiting for a follow up survey appointment. Made it clear to the engineer that it's likely that I'd need a 20ft pole (as a guesstimate) bracketed to a wall at the bottom of the garden to ensure perfect LOS to the best transmitter site.
Standard User slimj
(member) Thu 25-Jun-15 12:20:51
Print Post

Well, time has moved on, no further response from VFast with regards to a non standard install at my new address even after chasing them several times. it's been 2 months, no apologies either! I guess being a loyal customer and assisting with trials and hosting a repeater gets you nowhere.

I have since signed up to a DSL service and can upgrade to fibre once my phone line and connection is enabled (wasn't available at time of DSL order, typical!), should get up to 20mbit. I waited 2 months for VFast to sort themselves out and get the new survey done but I couldn't wait any longer.

We still had VFast at our Manston property, but as FTTC was available (up to 76mbit) I have since cancelled the VFast service. We now gets faster speeds even during busy times, lower latency, completely unlimited, and cheaper.

It's a shame, this was once a great service but it feels like it's beginning to fall apart! frown
Standard User slimj
(member) Tue 23-Oct-18 17:04:55
Print Post

Been a while since I've been on this thread!

Anyone still with VFast? How is the service these days?

I did notice a recent article on ISPreview here regarding faster services incoming.

Would be interested to see if this materialises as the previous promise of faster speeds never really happened.

Darren, would happily re-sign up to the service if (a) it delivers on the promise during peak hours, (b) a solution can be found to getting round trees, and (c) is reasonably priced...! (there are a few of us in our little area that would probably sign up actually).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to