User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Wed 13-May-15 16:43:12
Print Post

Relish.Net transmitter frequiencies

[link to this post]

I'm being told 2 different thing about the frequency that Relish broadcast on i have spoken to level 2 tech today who inform me it's 2.4Ghz (2,400Mhz) but i'm reading it's bands 42/43 which is supposed to be 3.5Ghz to 3.8Ghz (3,500Mhz to 3,800Mhz).

Can someone from Relish confirm one way or the other please?

All1
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 13-May-15 20:52:00
Print Post

Re: Relish.Net transmitter frequiencies

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

The 3.5Ghz to 3.8Ghz band, the only use of 2.4GHz will be the Wi-Fi from the router they supply

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Wed 13-May-15 22:39:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

OK many thanks MrSaffron, i was afraid it was 3.5 upwards, now the hard works starts trying to find an alternative router to the one they give you that will take an external antenna, yea i know rare as rocking horse poop.

All1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Mitchy_mitch
(experienced) Thu 14-May-15 07:36:47
Print Post

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

The Huawei B222s-42 which i think has now been superseded has a poe port for an external aerial. I cannot remember the name of the external huawei aerial that i use, and as its on the roof i unfortunately cannot go and take a look.

i live in the outskirts of swindon which has the 4g wireless network and using just the router, i cannot receive any connection. With the poe aerial, on a good day, i get 40Mb. Although it is normally abut 15-30.

It does fluctuate quite a lot, but it is stable and also a lot better than what i had previously.

Huawei B222s-42 connected to ASUS RT-AC68U
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3141683986
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Thu 14-May-15 12:31:38
Print Post

[re: Mitchy_mitch] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Mitchy_mitch:
The Huawei B222s-42 which i think has now been superseded has a poe port for an external aerial. I cannot remember the name of the external huawei aerial that i use, and as its on the roof i unfortunately cannot go and take a look.

i live in the outskirts of swindon which has the 4g wireless network and using just the router, i cannot receive any connection. With the poe aerial, on a good day, i get 40Mb. Although it is normally abut 15-30.

It does fluctuate quite a lot, but it is stable and also a lot better than what i had previously.

Thanks for this info Mitchy_mitch had a nose round for it and it seems they are as rare as hens teeth, but at least i have something to work on, I am even thinking of buying one of Relish's own routers and taking it apart and fitting (via soldering) my own external aerial but i don't want to do that if i'm honest but guy selling B2268S want 400 notes for it and i don't know if i want to pay that much.

All1
  Print Thread

Jump to