User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chilting
(learned) Mon 27-Jul-15 19:30:26
Print Post

Blaze Wireless

[link to this post]

Blaze Wireless who are based in Chichester. Have just announced plans to extend their coverage into more rural parts of West Sussex.
You can check coverage for your area by following the link for Arun Valley network news on their homepage.
They are at present very actively looking for new residential and business customers.
The transmitter will be located on the South Downs close to Bignor.
Standard User kijoma
(committed) Fri 31-Jul-15 09:10:47
Print Post

Re: Blaze Wireless

[re: chilting] [link to this post]

we have know of a few properties that we cannot reach at present (Kijoma) that may be within the footprint of their proposed coverage, ask them to contact us , we may be able to help?

We can discuss frequency planning too so we don't stomp on each others networks etc..

cheers

Bill

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband
Fixed wireless ISP - ISPA/CISAS/RIPE member
Standard User chilting
(learned) Fri 31-Jul-15 11:32:05
Print Post

[re: kijoma] [link to this post]

All Done
Peter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chilting
(learned) Wed 23-Sep-15 13:57:48
Print Post

Update 23rd September 2015
Blaze have no agreed terms to lease space on the Burton Downs Police Masts at Bignor in West Sussex. Contracts are at present being drawn up. No date has yet been fixed for the service to commence. Details of the proposed coverage area can be found on the Blaze Wireless website. Blaze are based at Chichester in West Sussex.
Standard User kijoma
(committed) Wed 13-Jan-16 13:49:21
Print Post

Update: Blaze have ignored all attempts at contact from us.

It seems from people contacting us that they are also not responding to existing and potential customers either.

They were present at the Broadband Summit in Midhurst in November but did not engage in the debate or talk to me.

video here > http://www.southdowns.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcas...

the content of the video is a good example of why the process is so corrupt and why genuine commercial providers are reluctant to invest in new areas.

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband
Standard User chilting
(regular) Wed 13-Jan-16 14:15:42
Print Post

Blaze are waiting for the solicitors to finish work on the contact so that they can use the Police transmitters at Bignor - this is taking rather a long time but there is light at the end of the tunnel!

On a general point the lack of support by BDUK for all our Fixed Wireless operators in West Sussex and beyond is deeply frustrating and I can only conclude that BDUK have no intention of promoting Fixed Wireless and every intention of just fobbing us of with satellite broadband.

I can now appreciate how frustrating it is to be Fixed Wireless operator and why decisions over future expansion are so much of a lottery.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 13-Jan-16 16:21:34
Print Post

I believe it is very difficult for local government to put their weight behind any private company/initiative without going through some sort of procurement exercise - if you go too far then the EU consider it to be state aid or competitors start to complain that the gov is helping companies to the detriment of others.

The reason most councils have gone through the BDUK framework is because the EU make it quite difficult and expensive to do anything else. The satellite vouchers are a simple option as they are being driven by central government and therefore it is central government that have any issues around state aid rather than the local authority.
Standard User chilting
(regular) Wed 13-Jan-16 22:54:51
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

If the bureaucrats could find some way of extending the voucher scheme to include Fixed Wireless that would give it a tremendous boost.
The main benefit would be that it would give credibility and publicity to new and existing networks. Any actual cash injection would obviously help, but it would be secondary.
To offer rural consumers a full choice of ADSL, Fixed Wireless and Satellite would go a long way to fulfilling the Governments digital commitment to the final 5% beyond the reach of fibre and it would leave the door open to FTTP if the investment ever became available.
Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Wed 13-Jan-16 23:14:31
Print Post

Ironic to see you complaining of no response to your requests for contact, that's what a lot of your potential customers (myself included) expierenced trying to work with you.

Plus Net - 40/20
Standard User kijoma
(committed) Thu 14-Jan-16 11:47:19
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

I am guessing this is bad eggs because we did not cover your property in the past and did not expend our customers money on adding that coverage just for you ?

We acknowledge there are always going to be properties that want our service but are outside our coverage for whatever reason. We cannot magically provide everywhere.

Ironically the BDUK process via WSCC have declared that because we do not cover every property in oue catchment area then that gives them the reason to exclude us from existence.

I wonder how many properties do not get the 24 Mbps minimum via Openreach infrastructure funded heavily by the state ? I think Chilting will be able to input to this?

It does not seem to result in Openreach having to give any of the money back though, despite the contractual requirement for a minimum speed of 24 (and now 30) Mbps from this funded roll out.

It is a farce and the video of the meeting i posted clearly reveals this. Especially when a central Gov MP declares a financial interest in BT brazingly in public.

So providers like Kijoma are freely allowed to be over built still, infrastructure put in already as seen form the video has them trying hard to push people to take it up so they can justify the expenditure.

This means Kijoma and others are a thorn in the side. Our customers are not using this infrastructure and therefore need to be re-educated it seems.

But hey who would want to go back to paying more and gaining abysmal customer service

You tell me where you can get Broadband of 30Mbps+ with 40GB and phone with a total cost of ~ £17.99 a month. added to this calls at a tenth of the cost with per second billing and no connection fees or line rental?

Kijoma will continue to invest in our existing customers first, new customers and coverage areas always come second. The latter especially while the current BDUK attitude prevails.

This is a loss to many and stifles our business too, but market distortion is just that and is what state aid is not allowed to be used for. But it is in this case.

We have already experienced the dirty tricks of BT retail and this not only is to our detriment but also to all other ISP's that rely on openreach infrastructure.

It is no surprise that nearly all the people who sign up to "fibre" go to BT retail or a subsidary such as Plusnet. The "infinity" campaign was a highly successful BT retail promotion, putting the word "infinity" to mean fibre into peoples minds in the same was as Hoover for a vacuum cleaner.

It is also unsurprising that WSCC and its members promoted that "BT retail" campaign far and wide.

Nick Herbert MP recently raised this issue but after a meeting with BT he kind of dropped the complaint... odd that..

In reply to a post by brandscill:
Ironic to see you complaining of no response to your requests for contact, that's what a lot of your potential customers (myself included) expierenced trying to work with you.

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to