User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GowerJ
(newbie) Mon 17-Aug-15 12:08:58
Print Post

What is a Silver Grade line with Openreach

[link to this post]

Hi,
I'm really struggling to understand some information that I was told by a provider. Apparently I am unable to switch to Sky because I have a silver grade property and not a gold grade property with BT Openreach, but what does this actually mean? If my neighbor can get it why can't I? Aren't they supposed to be making it easier for customers to switch?
I've tried looking up what the difference between Gold and Silver properties is but it gets too technical and I just need to understand in plain English.
Please do help.
Thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 17-Aug-15 16:44:39
Print Post

Re: What is a Silver Grade line with Openreach

[re: GowerJ] [link to this post]

It is referring to the address and other identifying details on the line and with new migration rules these details have to match, gaining ISP should be able to work towards finding out what is different and resolving it in someway.

E.g. you may be in database as Flat 4, when in reality you are just plain old 4 in a small terrace

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 23Prince
(learned) Mon 05-Sep-16 20:01:20
Print Post

That can be a nightmate. My house is 5 flats apparently but it is a bog standard 3 bed house..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User freeola
(member) Mon 05-Sep-16 20:38:03
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Gaining provider should be able to submit an order with any address correction if needed. Gold addresses are those in the Openreach database, silver addresses are usually in the Royal Mail database but not in the Openreach database. Bronze addresses are in neither database and need manually verifying by the Open reach address team.

Freeola
http://freeola.com - Broadband, Hosting & Instant Sites - Support
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Sep-16 00:58:46
Print Post

Sky are at fault here, they should be able to place the order.

Who are you with at current? Some of the deals with other ISPs such as BT and TalkTak are as good as the sky deals and the order may actually go through.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Sep-16 14:31:08
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Zombie thread alert. OP hasn't been here for over a year.
  Print Thread

Jump to