User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kijoma
(committed) Mon 16-Jan-17 15:52:08
Print Post

Re: Superfast Swindon Trials

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi,

just seen this old thread as don't come on here often.

I haven't even read the rant but yes Kijoma has been visible on this site since 2013.

This is because TB were forced to as part of the ISPA awards. Mid awards testing i might add.

Prior to this TB / ADSL guide flatly refused to add Kijoma and it's IP ranges and we have been providing since 2005 !

We had asked many times (emails kept for the records). Many excuses were given as to why we were not to be listed. none valid.

If it wasn't for the use of the TB speed tester for the ISPA awards i suspect we would still be absent.

I have seen in the past much clear bias towards fixed line/BT and a lot of ignorance about wireless by TB staff.

To this end i would not classify TB as a neutral unbiased source for news and information on Broadband.

There is clearly bias and a lack of understanding of what the technology can and does deliver.

In the past many quango's and councils used TB data to gain a picture of where to spend BDUK money. Kijoma at the time were invisible on here as far as speed tests were concerned.

This has meant that we as a company have been excluded and the ripple effect through the years has meant we are STILL excluded from receiving any grants/vouchers for customers.

This is because once they declare you as non existent, you remain non existent as they spent £M of tax payers money based on those decisions To admit you exist now would open up the question about existing back then.

Nobody wants to admit they may of fraudulently spent tax payers money and broke state aid rules after all.

So YES the exclusion of Kijoma from 2005 to 2013 , 8 years! on this site has caused measurable damage to Kijoma and the fixed wireless industry generally at a very important time.

But then if your main advertisers rely on Openreach and the funding they have received , what are you to do ?

The ISPA are equally as ineffective for similar reasons.

It is all fine and dandy to say "lets move on" but damage is damage. Is TB going to undo the chain of events that resulted in BDUK excluding us from any grant schemes, including the latest one ?

They have approved Blaze Wireless, a 2 year old newbie outfit of course, so they can receive £250 grants to install customers in areas we already provide at our cost.

Our coverage area was deemed not there in 2012, the County Council in West Sussex to this day still has it missing so anybody in these areas can receive grant funding for anything but Kijoma if they meet the criteria.

Why is this you think ? Oh yes because Kijoma were excluded back in 2010 from the BDUK process, all OMR responses were equally rejected from then on. There is no way they can now include us but they sure will promote, as West Sussex County Council are also doing, a new company with no experience.

Especially if they look to compete with Kijoma, as ultimately we are the elephant in the county and to find ways to get rid of us by promoting another competitor seems quite attractive i am sure.

Just so you don;t think this is just bad eggs. I can take you to numerous villages that have had FTTP run to them at great cost. They had this ran because there was NO broadband there, at least according to the BDUK/County Council.

Take up has been minimal, in one village there are NO FTTP connections in use and only 2 phone lines too!

Because they use the service from Kijoma and most have done for over 11 years.

Despite the lies and false marketing and public overbuild using tax payers money.

The ripple effect means that as WSCC filtered back the rejection of Kijoma to BDUK, BDUK have also it seems instructed other Local authorities to exclude us too.

We have a network in Staffordshire/Derbyshire it provides super fast and has done for 5 years. Openreach are currently running FTTP about there . Why, well the county council rejected our OMR responses and our response to the Public review last year.

No reason given , despite the evidence of the result of our investment and the detailed response we gave to the review.

I of course can back ALL this up and more with evidence as i have collected and collated it over the years.

The latest organisation to do NOTHING from our submission is the National Audit Office, so they will be named as another complacent organisation when the [censored] hits the fan, as it will.

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Nice rant shame it was wasted.

http://tbb.st/1462111517770282255

I do my best to make sure as many providers are listed as possible, but to say that I've caused damage to the wireless industry is taking things a bit too far don't you think. Given oldest test I have easily to hand for Kijoma is from March 2013 http://tbb.st/136352745112885646196 perhaps time to move on and concentrate on other things rather than old moans and groans.

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband
Fixed wireless ISP - ISPA/CISAS/RIPE member
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Jan-17 10:18:56
Print Post

Re: Superfast Swindon Trials *DELETED*

[re: kijoma] [link to this post]

Post deleted by ian72
Standard User partial
(experienced) Tue 17-Jan-17 21:26:20
Print Post

[re: kijoma] [link to this post]

With Kijoma, it's always somebody else's fault.

Now we see TB added to the already long list.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User steveali
(newbie) Wed 18-Jan-17 16:36:02
Print Post

[re: Mitchy_mitch] [link to this post]

hmmm promising a specific 24mbps seems a little questionable, I assume you'll be sharing a single line with as many as 50 other homes/users. But very cool that you have a free months trial.

I didn't know companies like superfast swindon existed until this thread, and as I'm based in Essex the wife and I did a little research and have started a contact with Essex wifi (http://www.essexwifi.co.uk/) and I'm amazed at how great the connection is.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 18-Jan-17 17:11:03
Print Post

[re: steveali] [link to this post]

The line concept does not exist with fixed wireless, you generally would be sharing spectrum with others in your wireless sector, how that is managed and the density of masts are big factors in wireless performance.

Will leave this single post with the link in, but be warned - if the pattern of what looks little more than driving traffic continues, this post will also get removed.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to