User comments on ISPs
  >> Wireless Broadband ISPs (not wireless ADSL routers)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Thu 24-Nov-16 00:51:47
Print Post

Alternative router for Relish.net

[link to this post]

I live at the bottom of a very big hole and no speed better then 4mbits and i live in London and on an EO line, in my ignorance i thought it would be a simpl matter of running a fibre from the exchange into my little hole in the ground but it's not that easy, so my ONLY other option is Relish.net (i know the reputation is shocking) however i have had their kit before and it was good when i could get a signal but it was up and down like a lady of the night's knicker, so not usable.

However i have been toying with the idea of getting another router that would support their network, i do have access to one of their Gemtek routers and was considering a small mod and installing an external antenna mounted on a pole via T&K bracket, however i'd rather not go that way as it's a pain in the rear and Relish will not be too happy with me and i'll have to bung them £150 for my trouble, i have heard that a Huawei B222s-42 will do the job but they are £300 plus £70 for the antenna plus another £30 for bits so all in £400 plus a year up front as i won't pass credit check due to bankruptcy, and to be honest i don't have that kind of money to waste.

So does anyone know for sure if Relish offer any other kind of router that will work on there infrastructure?

I know they are owned by broadband uk or something like that and they have a network in swindon and i have placed adverts looking for second hand routers out that way as i heard they have a router with external port but nothing came of it, please don't mention fibre/sky/virgin or those companies that do whole block of flats, in their wisdom my landlord has said they can't put anything in, i can't say what i think of them here i'll get a ban.

All1
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 24-Nov-16 06:54:07
Print Post

Re: Alternative router for Relish.net

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

http://amzn.to/2gohvI5

Believe the Huawei B593 will work and supports external antenna. £149 on Amazon (and even a second hand one at £89.99.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Thu 24-Nov-16 11:48:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi MrSaffron thanks for the reply are we 100% sure this will work as they mention 2,600mhz and working on relish it needs to be 3,500+ if my info is right

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 27-Nov-16 18:30:00
Print Post

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

Old thread from the London only days someone says a 593 was working

Relish I believe is in band 42 and band (3.5 GHz and 3.6 GHz) and a bit of deeper digging suggests that not all 593 are created equal, B593s-42 seems to be the exact model you need.

The rarity of the kit supporting that band pushes pricing up I guess, and as only Relish have the licence for the band in the UK not much competition.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to